DK Firearms

Have you noticed there is limited availability for guns now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    It's always the gun I WANT that is out of stock or not available.

I'm on a waiting list for a Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Shield EZ w/ thumb safety at my LGS. They have the more compact non-EZ Shields in stock but I don't like them and apparently other customers don't like them also. They have this stupid hokey "safety" trigger that is two-piece and gets bad reviews. It may balk at firing the gun if pressed too far up toward the top. A simple old-fashioned one-piece trigger is the way to fly. I think the EZ pistol will fit my large hand better and kick less with that awesome 9mm Luger ammunition being a hefty 26-something ounces loaded. I will need a larger fanny pack to pack it, that's all. I don't want a mule-kicking mouse gun. There's not one new .38 Special revolver available right now for concealed carry that tickles my fancy. Those little Smith airweight things look ugly to me. The only one that would work for me is the new Colt Cobra .38 Spc. +P but that's out of stock. I could get a bigger K-frame new Smith in .357 but that's too clunky for fanny-pack carry. Concealed-carry-size pistols are the hot market item in the present day. Nobody wants to pack a hog leg into Walmart with a covid mask on.

Another elusive as the Holy Grail for me gun is a new Benelli Super Nova Model 20100 shotgun w/ 28" barrel, plain black and 12 ga. I wouldn't be caught dead buying a camo finish gun. There are some brand-spanking-new plain old Novas for sale but the trouble is they are just plain old Nova models lacking the adjustable-for-comb-height-stock-with-shims and the softer shooting compressible ComforTech stock.

Of course Colt AR-15s are presently out of production for the civilian market but an AR is low on my gun-acquiring priority anyway.

Colt M 4s are back in production. 2000 plus in july, LE6920s are made on the same line as contract M4s with the only difference being the semi auto lower and markings.

Colt is also producing various uppers that have various cage codes and different markings on the barrel and bolt, i.e. probably contracted suppliers so I'm unsure of who made them or quality. Do your research.

If I couldnt get a m4 model LE6920 or a FN manufacturerd AR/M4 then I would get a PSA CHF upper with premium BCG and be just as happy for a lot less. The barrel is made by FN, the BCG is as good or better than colt or FN depending on the steel picked and your opinions, the upper comes from the same forge. The machining and assembly are pretty hard to screw up now days as far as PSA goes.

Brand snob comments not with standing, what makes a good AR isnt a mystery neither is the rep of junk fly by night assemblers.

TexasFire316

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Houston
    There is now a waiting line for silver eagles, just like our ammo. Now if someone could start reloading silver boolits, I'd buy, like killing two birds with one stone. Or is that vampires or werewolves?

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    Has to be a troll or a kid...or Joe the Toe Rogan!

D70C3A01-1CE8-4862-9EC4-62F29FCCE713.jpeg

Attachments

• D70C3A01-1CE8-4862-9EC4-62F29FCCE713.jpeg
      D70C3A01-1CE8-4862-9EC4-62F29FCCE713.jpeg
      115.2 KB · Views: 624

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    When I'm working in the yard (mowing) and kicking up dust, I keep my pistol of the day in a zippered, rectangular pack with a spare loaded extra magazine.

Keeps it clean and un-sweaty.

Does using on of these critters look kinda dumb?

Yes, but it works like a charm and IDGAS what anyone thinks about it not looking all tacticool...
    I've worn a purpose built fanny pack for years. I've been in gym shorts since March 14th and am active outdoors. Haven't left it at home. Everybody knows what's in there.

Top Bottom