Texas SOT

Have you noticed there is limited availability for guns now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d_holliday

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2020
    Fort Hood, Tx
    It's always the gun I WANT that is out of stock or not available.

I'm on a waiting list for a Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Shield EZ w/ thumb safety at my LGS. They have the more compact non-EZ Shields in stock but I don't like them and apparently other customers don't like them also. They have this stupid hokey "safety" trigger that is two-piece and gets bad reviews. It may balk at firing the gun if pressed too far up toward the top. A simple old-fashioned one-piece trigger is the way to fly. I think the EZ pistol will fit my large hand better and kick less with that awesome 9mm Luger ammunition being a hefty 26-something ounces loaded. I will need a larger fanny pack to pack it, that's all. I don't want a mule-kicking mouse gun. There's not one new .38 Special revolver available right now for concealed carry that tickles my fancy. Those little Smith airweight things look ugly to me. The only one that would work for me is the new Colt Cobra .38 Spc. +P but that's out of stock. I could get a bigger K-frame new Smith in .357 but that's too clunky for fanny-pack carry. Concealed-carry-size pistols are the hot market item in the present day. Nobody wants to pack a hog leg into Walmart with a covid mask on.

Another elusive as the Holy Grail for me gun is a new Benelli Super Nova Model 20100 shotgun w/ 28" barrel, plain black and 12 ga. I wouldn't be caught dead buying a camo finish gun. There are some brand-spanking-new plain old Novas for sale but the trouble is they are just plain old Nova models lacking the adjustable-for-comb-height-stock-with-shims and the softer shooting compressible ComforTech stock.

Of course Colt AR-15s are presently out of production for the civilian market but an AR is low on my gun-acquiring priority anyway.
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    I own one of the original Shield 9s and the trigger is not an issue what so ever. They are surprisingly good shooters even for my large hands. I’ve got about 2k rounds through mine with zero issues including a few IDPA matches.

d_holliday

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2020
    Fort Hood, Tx
    I own one of the original Shield 9s and the trigger is not an issue what so ever. They are surprisingly good shooters even for my large hands. I’ve got about 2k rounds through mine with zero issues including a few IDPA matches.
    You probably use the pinky extension mag. How bad does your gun kick?

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    When I'm working in the yard (mowing) and kicking up dust, I keep my pistol of the day in a zippered, rectangular pack with a spare loaded extra magazine.

Keeps it clean and un-sweaty.

Does using on of these critters look kinda dumb?

Yes, but it works like a charm and IDGAS what anyone thinks about it not looking all tacticool...

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    The Shield is one of the original pistols that kick started the thin 9mm carry pistol craze. They're highly regarded. I have a Gen 1 myself and think it's a fantastic shooter with either the 7 or 8 round magazines.

And no, I haven't noticed any shortages at all. Must be just you.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "Now is the time not to be banging away ammo for fun"

If you didn't stock up when ammo was plentiful and cheap, I'd agree, but since I did, I bang away ammo for fun quite often...

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I don’t know which is funnier, this thread or the one where the guy tells me he can jump into reloading now and make 45 acp for $0.18 per round.

Large Pistol Primers seem to be a little more available at least around here. With lead bullets you can probably get close.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom