DK Firearms

Have you ever seen a holster setup... ???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Where the holster was designed to be worn over the belt, but intentionally "camoflage" with, say, your jeans? Just thinking that it might be "interesting" to have a "jeans" looking holster and paint the gun on the top to look like a white shirt or something.
    Military Camp

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    That idea sounds really dumb to me ..but that's just my opinion ..lol
    It's too easy to just let your tee shirt hang out over the gun and hide it pretty well
    If you're very concerned about concealment then IWB with the shirt out

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Not really concerned about concealing, more of an idea to kind of urban camouflage while actually keeping it out in the open. Kinda like some people spray paint their ARs...

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not really concerned about concealing, more of an idea to kind of urban camouflage while actually keeping it out in the open. Kinda like some people spray paint their ARs...

A lot of people out there are so oblivious to their surroundings that they will probably not notice an openly carried gun. I had a friend who frequently OCed a full sized 1911. He said it was rare for anyone to really notice it.

You can get kydex holsters in a variety of finishes though. I'm sure someone makes one with a denim pattern. I would not worry about painting the top of the gun. Either wear dark clothing with a black gun, or do what everyone else does and just cover the thing with your shirt.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I have seen denim patterned kydex owb holsters advertised. Just need to remember where.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I open carry and have open carried. This is more of a social experiment idea and I don’t want anything over the gun. Probably would use a revolver.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Wouldn't you want the top half of the holster to match your belt and not your jeans?

I guess some paint would work well enough and you could better match the paint color and width to your belt.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Wouldn't you want the top half of the holster to match your belt and not your jeans?

I guess some paint would work well enough and you could better match the paint color and width to your belt.
    'xactly. And the pistol would be a non-pistol color on top. Basic idea is to make it disruptive and not "look" like a threat from 20-30 feet away. Also thinking that for my own purposes, a revolver is at least a chance to stop a threat, but less threatening to LEO / good guys than a semi-auto. I've had this thought that if all the good guys started open carrying revolvers (I don't care if you want to carry a semi-auto concealed, it's more about a PR effort) that it would send a message that there are plenty of armed individuals around who can help in an emergency.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    I open carry and have open carried. This is more of a social experiment idea and I don’t want anything over the gun. Probably would use a revolver.
    I've deliberately worn black holster with black gun and black clothing.

Same for brown leather with brown clothing but I don't have any brown guns. It works pretty good, especially with long shirt or coat where it only peeks under once in a while.

But then I told some woman in Chicago's Pizza my Glock in Kydex was my insulin pump and it was none of her business. That worked pretty good to.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I've deliberately worn black holster with black gun and black clothing.

Same for brown leather with brown clothing but I don't have any brown guns. It works pretty good, especially with long shirt or coat where it only peeks under once in a while.

But then I told some woman in Chicago's Pizza my Glock in Kydex was my insulin pump and it was none of her business. That worked pretty good to.
    Yeah, I did the whole "Glock Sock" deal back when that was a thing, LOL.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    .... Also thinking that for my own purposes, a revolver is at least a chance to stop a threat, but less threatening to LEO / good guys than a semi-auto.

The only reason it might be less threatening to a LEO is because it holds fewer rounds. As for the good guys, it all depends on their level of knowledge. A Colt SAA chambered in 22lr would me more scary to most folks than a subcompact 45 semi auto.

If you're trying not to scare the public (assuming the public even notices), then my vote would be the smaller the pistol, the less "scary". Regardless of capacity or caliber.

If you're thinking revolver is old fashioned and less scary, remember the 1911 was designed and put into production before most people on this planet were even born, and before most of their parents were born too.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    If you're thinking revolver is old fashioned and less scary, remember the 1911 was designed and put into production before most people on this planet were even born, and before most of their parents were born too.
    It's still a perception deal.

Top Bottom