• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    a fire-arm accessory, then later the fire-arm to go with it?

Awhile back I bought a Ruger logo folding fore-grip out of the classifieds at another site, and then yesterday, I bought this to go with it!

RSR556-1.gif

RSR556-2.gif

RSR556-3.gif

RSR556.gif

At first blush, the price seems high, but given the Troy quad-rail and folding sights (about 400-500 if you wanted to add both to a basic AR) it's really not that bad.

You know the old man is long gone when a Ruger product comes from the factory with three 30 round mags! I noticed they dropped the "S" in the eagle logo too. It's a bit heavy with all that added mass out front, but I already like it better than the Sig 556! :D

Fit and finish are great, and while the trigger isn't anything special, it runs without a bobble, and I hope to get a chance to wring it out for accuracy this weekend.
    Gun Zone Deals

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Nice! I want to see the range report on it.

And in response to the OP - very guilty of that. I've bought scopes, electronic sights, magazines, sights, rails, ammo, dies, stocks, and tons of other stuff before even getting the gun to put them on. Best two examples are:

(1) I bought my AICS stock and a badger 20MOA rail for my Remington 700 6 months before I actually got the rifle

(2) for my G34 open gun, I had bought the carver mount, C-More, barrel, comp, spring kit, new ejector, magwell, and connector bar for it almost a year before I actually had the gun.

My wife has gotten wise to me now though, and if she starts seeing me stockpiling stuff that is for a gun I don't own, or doesn't go onto a gun right away she starts in with the Perry Mason routine to figure out what new gun I'm planning on buying.

malladus

jracca

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    DFW
    I bought magazines for the glock before the pistol

50 bmg rounds before the rifle

mini14 magazines before the mini14

5000 rounds of 5.7x28 ammo and magazines before the FN 5.7 pistol,

and P90 magazines and I still don't have anything that takes them yet.

ar15 magazines before an ar

So yes, I would say I have, because I will not buy a firearm for which I may have trouble getting vital accesories.

Top Bottom