• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Fraud is baked-into the interest rate we pay. As long as the amount of fraud is within projections, the card company doesn’t care.

And if fraud exceeds predictions, it’s easier for them to raise interest rates and projections.

Problem is, not punishing these thieves further emboldens them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I no longer carry any debt so it doesn't apply to me. Credit card is just used a convenient way to pay, not for credit.
    Gun Zone Deals

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    It was my debit card. I called the bank and it looks like I will get my money back. I have a feeling it was an employee at a Pizza Hut I went to the other day to get some pizza for my guys at work. When I gave him my card he set it down on the computer/POS terminal in front of him, and I assumed he was running it for the total I owed. Then he picked it up and inserted it into a cc terminal and printed out my receipt. I thought it was strange, but I shrugged it off and thought maybe he just set it down while he was sending my order through. I have no proof that’s where it was, but it’s the only place, besides the grocery store I go to all the time, that I have used it. I mentioned it to bank, but they didn’t ask anymore questions about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Strange thing is, I was at a reptile show last year (one of my hobbies is collecting pythons and boa constrictors) and I was using my card to buy an albino boa, and the vendor had an address out of Ohio and they denied the transaction and texted me to see if I authorized it because I’m in Houston. That was only $300. This was $1500 in San Francisco, and they approved it!!!!!! I don’t get that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    My business debit card gets compromised every year at least once.....purchasing everything online with it, I just figure it from at least one my vendors getting compromised yearly, too..........

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I do this as well. Have not found one yet, but it is 2 seconds out of your gas pumping experience that can save a lot of headaches down the road
    We use these. You insert like a credit card and it tells you if its altered. Every gas station is supposed to use one daily on their pumps. Not this exact one but one designed for the specific card readers.
    20200123_004819.jpg

It doesnt help with shimmers. And only works on specific types. There are others if you can find them. Grabbing shaking and tugging and making sure they are exactly like other pumps is must do steps.

If you use a debit card make sure your bank will still cover fraud. Chase does.

Attachments

• 20200123_004819.jpg
      20200123_004819.jpg
      2 MB · Views: 628
    Last edited:

just country

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Texas
    morning, I got scammed on amazon with my debit card.
    $4500 tv and xbox out of florida. they called me to say
    I had to go to a walgreens and get a security code.
    I told the persons to stick it, I did not authorize or
    accept the purchases. I now change my debit card
    every two months. if possible I do not use my
    debit card for on line purchases. justme gbot tum

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Tell me more about the Walgreens security code. What do they have to do with Amazon and how does that work? Who called you, the bank, Amazon, or Walgreens?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Changing the card every 2 months seems pointless.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Visa and Mastercard are stepping up throwing the fraud costs back on the banks and Merchants. More so in card not present transactions. I don't think any bank or credit card is gonna send you to Walgreens for a security code. that sounds like part of the fraud. Most banks will absolve you of all debit card fraud if yours doesn't do not use the debit card or get a new bank.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I check my bank account balance every morning.

A habit I taught my daughters.

If you always know how much you're supposed to have, it's a helluva lot harder to steal from you.

Why my talented singer/songwriter wife and I have separate accounts ... she's happy to dipstick her account once a year. The original "ya still got checks in the checkbook ya still got money" ... bless her heart. ;)

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Check your accounts often. If you see one or two charges for $1.00 or $2.00 that you don't recognize, they are testing to see if it works. The big one is coming. Call the bank rat now. Or turn your card off if your bank has that feature, then call them.

69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    You can’t trust anybody with a debt/credit card I switch my numbers every 3 months now had a couple issues a couple years ago first was a cc charge of $995 for a women’s coat.. my wife didn’t order it I caught it the day before it was set to ship. That card now sends emails/text if .01 is charged. About a week later I had a early morning call from the bank about some fishy transactions on my debit/credit card First was a plane ticket from South Korea to California, then a hotel room in California, then a second plane ticket from South Korea to California, finally a 3 dollar soda from the hotel. That’s where the bank said they decided to call me..I said wow thanks why not question the first plane ticket from South Korea. Since then the bank set a $1000 limit per day on my debit cards. I have to call beforehand to adjust the limit higher if I need to make a larger purchase.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom