Hurley's Gold

Has anyone ever used a .308 suppressor on a 6.8spc?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KIMBER_MAN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Texoma area
    I have read about people using .308 cans on .223, not sure what kind of success they are having, but it is being done. And, I have heard of people using .338 cans on .308s.

Anyone have any idea how a .308 suppressor would work on a 6.8?

Considering most 6.8's are threaded just like .308's, in many cases they also share the same flash hiders and the difference in bullet diameter is much more comparable than .223. I am just curious if anyone has tried this, and what the results were like.
    Lynx Defense

PaknSiG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Ft. Worth area
    Not yet, but I have a YHM Phantom .308 that I am waiting for my signoff from the ATF that I will be using on my 6.8 SPC. Should be here in a couple of weeks. It can also be used on my .223.

TM

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    A friend runs his SCAR-H SD on his 6.8.

Everyone who has heard it shot next to my Dedciated M4-2000 in 6.8 says that teh M4-2k is noticably quieter.

We are shooting the cans on 12.5" (SCAR-H) & 13" (M4-2000) 6.8 barrels for reference.

I am waiting for a customer to put his 762SD on a 6.8 12.5 or 13" barrel to see how that works.

beau1911

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    D/FW
    I am looking for someone who can tell or refere me to refereances on pre ban 89 colt AR 15's. looking for markings or other ways to tell. It has the old triangler forearm stock. It is the only thing, besides the upper receiver is a harder steel aloy. Can you help. I read your artical on receivers, Hopping you could help.

Top Bottom