• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I saw this on the news today. I was dismayed, but not surprised.

On the bright side, she's up for election this year. I have yet to see any indication that she has a chance. My sense of optimism says that the people will elect "RobBeto" Hassan then get confused why they see a pakistani real estate broker.

Also precinct 2 (Adrian Garcia) is up for election too. They just did some gerrymandering to try to secure his reign, but Jack Morman is in the primary for that seat on the other side. Johnny Manlove (former mayor of Pasadena IIRC) is also in the primary against Morman. Either would be a huge improvement.

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    From the first time and every time I’ve seen her, much more heard her, my immediate and everlasting image of her is of a pitiful munchkin and of a middle schooler.

The basis of her election over a entirely satisfactory predecessor wasn’t her ideology, qualifications, or even her gender.

Houston, as much else, is distressingly changed and not for the better. But, I hope not irretrievably.

Out of here after 45 years.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    From the first time and every time I’ve seen her, much more heard her, my immediate and everlasting image of her is of a pitiful munchkin and of a middle schooler.

The basis of her election over a entirely satisfactory predecessor wasn’t her ideology, qualifications, or even her gender.

Houston, as much else, is distressingly changed and not for the better. But, I hope not irretrievably.

Out of here after 45 years.

Welcome to the Forum!

zaichik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2022
    Houston area
    This woman seems about as corrupt as it gets. Alex Mealer seems like she's done some real things with her life, and she is a damned sight more of a leadership figure than Hidalgo.

I'd like to do something to support Mealer. How to best get the word out to help her campaign?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom