• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    I was thinking about this one today. We have adhesive backed stickers with our fire department logo on them and occasionally slap them inside equipment locker doors on other fire department trucks. They come off easily so it’s harmless. I was reminded on back in the 80’s my wife was a T38 instructor pilot at Columbus AFB, MD (I was a civil engineer). The T38’s would make stops for fuel at Little Rock. The guys who fueled the aircraft (I think they were civilian contractors) would take a stencil and spray paint a red Arkansas Razorback on the two speed brake panels. This was back in the days of the all white T38 paint job. The panels were a little bit aft of the rondel on the bottom of the aircraft. It was something everyone sort of snickered about until half the aircraft had Razorbacks and the wing commander called Little Rock and they finally stopped it. Share your harmless pranks.
    59248057-F641-4E8B-AFD2-3D1234A2CDF7.jpeg
    Target Sports

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    You could always tell when a boot showed up to the motor pool because theyd be carrying around a plastic bag on a string that was their “exhaust sample” they had to bring to the motor t chief
    When I worked on radar you would send the noobs to get a bucket of raw video. Aircraft maintenance sent them to supply for 50 feet of flight line.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Being in the motor pool, just about every fake maintenance issue was brought up at some point. Blinker fluid, muffler bearings, etc. often the problem was a loose nut behind the wheel. OHS being listed as the official problem on paperwork could get you in trouble from time to time though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Send them around to the sections for the "Blue-69" (EMHO - early morning hard on report) stats. Or out to the hangar - especially in the middle of the night - for a bucket of prop wash.

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    When I was in the Navy, we would send a newbie Seaman to the tool room for a left hand stiltson (Pipe Wrench). When they arrived with it in hand, we told them it was a right hand and to go back to the tool room and get the correct one. When they handed it back to the Tool Room Seaman, he flipped it over and gave it back to him. Some of them realized they had been pranked and some had no idea.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Ive seen privates crawling under tanks with a ball peen hammer and chalk to check for soft spots In the armor

One jumping on the tank and another with a tape measure to measure the suspension bounce

We actually got an LT to get an exhaust sample on the turbine engine of the M1 Abrams.

I seen a private yelling BOOM down the barrel of the Abrams 120mm cannon. The rest of the crew was inside giggling. It was a boom check.

The worst one. Out on a training exercises i watched a tiny little E5 that ran the DFAC have his private ( gigantic young man, think of mice and men) tear thru their truck and trailer looking for the dehydrated water packets. When the private finally realized what had happened he grabbed a spatula.....i thought the E5 was getting his as whooped. The private commenced to slapping HIMSELF in the forehead with it yelling about how stupid he was.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    We sent new airmen to the crew chiefs to get a foot of flight-line.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    We use to get airmens BDU tops and soak them in water and place them in the freezer.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Our main one (jet engine shop) was telling new guys that the cut safety wire needed to be taken to supply to get recycled.

The best one was sending the new guy to NDI to make sure his steel toe boots didn't have cracks. They actually X-rayed his boots and sent him back to the shop with the X-rays.
    We use to do that too. Fun times.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom