Harley mechanic

ERDFW

Apr 24, 2018
Plano, TX
Independent is definitely the way to go. You’ll be hard pressed to find a tech in the dealer that could work on older bikes, let alone rebuild a carb.

BBL

Feb 8, 2021
TX
Man, sorry to hear. That's the problem with dealers. They are so big and anonymous, they can get away with incompetence and charge you shhhload of money for it.
That's why I don't let anyone touch my bikes or cars. Replacing a battery, rebuilding a carb and taking my wheels to a shop to replace tires shouldn't take more than an afternoon and would run you only half a grand. However, if you do not have the facilities or tools to do it yourself, you are reliant on others. That's where you can reach out to your (riding) friends. Lots of people (especially motorcyclists) love helping others wrench. I help my motorcycle and car friends all the time. It is fun for me.
Hope you get your problems resolved soon!

CodyK

Sep 5, 2019
Houston
Man, sorry to hear. That's the problem with dealers. They are so big and anonymous, they can get away with incompetence and charge you shhhload of money for it.
That's why I don't let anyone touch my bikes or cars. Replacing a battery, rebuilding a carb and taking my wheels to a shop to replace tires shouldn't take more than an afternoon and would run you only half a grand. However, if you do not have the facilities or tools to do it yourself, you are reliant on others. That's where you can reach out to your (riding) friends. Lots of people (especially motorcyclists) love helping others wrench. I help my motorcycle and car friends all the time. It is fun for me.
Hope you get your problems resolved soon!
Appreciate it. I got a lot of great advice, and I found a place to take it, but 2 days after I posted this, my son wrecked his car! Luckily all I had to come out of pocket was a deductible, but it was money I didn’t plan on spending, so hopefully in the next couple weeks, I can get it in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Tx.
Appreciate it. I got a lot of great advice, and I found a place to take it, but 2 days after I posted this, my son wrecked his car! Luckily all I had to come out of pocket was a deductible, but it was money I didn’t plan on spending, so hopefully in the next couple weeks, I can get it in!

Hope he is okay.

CodyK

Sep 5, 2019
Houston
Hope he is okay.
He didn’t get hurt, but it shook him up pretty good! He was pulling across a couple lanes of traffic towards the median where he could take a left. He saw a car coming, but it had its turn signal on, so he assumed he was good to go across. Car behind the car that was turning whipped around and tagged the drivers side rear of my sons car as he tried to go across, and spun him 180 degrees!

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics