• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    But, WHY must we tolerate this degree of infringement on our basic GOD-given RIGHTS ?
    God is supposedly the creator of everything and all knowing, all powerful, everlasting and everything that happens does so according to God's will. So you are asking the wrong guy - you need to' ask God. When you ask him and when God lets you know the answer to the question that you just put to me, please tell the rest of us what he tells you. Until then keep me out of your discussions about God because as I see it I am not responsible for what God has ordained and should not be put on the spot for what he does nor for what he tolerates. Men maybe should answer to God but most assuredly not for him.

As for me, I have been promoting and fighting for the RKBA and our liberty to exercise that right for decades. What I have to wonder is why you expect me to answer for what God does. To me that seems rather blasphemous - that is, you thinking that a mere mortal can answer for what God wills and you calling on me to do so. I think you should be ashamed of yourself for having done so.
    Military Camp

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    so because I do a totally legal action by leaving a gun in a car and some scum steals it I am not the victem

ok sure

Now just because you find it irresponsible to leave a gun in a car means jack shit.
    Dude, don't be a clown.

Many humans will do wrong things that benefit them because they can get away with it and you're an idiot if you ignore that aspect of human nature...

You're still a victim if you put a sign on your car saying its unlocked and there is a gold brick on the seat and someone steals it, but you are an idiot victim. Just like the gal who gets black out drunk at a party, you can make choices that have consequences.

YOU as the possessor of a pistol have the ability to preempt a theft by not leaving your pistol in the car EVEN THOUGH it is the would be thieves responsibility to not break into your car.

Alas, I fear this explanation will be lost on you...

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    It is a crime to break into a vehicle, locked or unlocked. Leaving property in a vehicle is not a crime.
    Which action should be stopped? :popcorn:
    Which action do YOU have control over?

As Captain Jack Sparrow said:

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do."

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    1. Keep your Shite out of sight.
    2. Keep your doors locked.
    3. Keep stoopid come rob me there’s a gun in this car stickers off your frucking window and bumper.

The number turns into 40.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Dude, don't be a clown.

Many humans will do wrong things that benefit them because they can get away with it and you're an idiot if you ignore that aspect of human nature...

You're still a victim if you put a sign on your car saying its unlocked and there is a gold brick on the seat and someone steals it, but you are an idiot victim. Just like the gal who gets black out drunk at a party, you can make choices that have consequences.

YOU as the possessor of a pistol have the ability to preempt a theft by not leaving your pistol in the car EVEN THOUGH it is the would be thieves responsibility to not break into your car.

Alas, I fear this explanation will be lost on you...

not really I can take the gun into my house and the same dude that was going to rob my car can rob my house.

No matter how you FEEL is irrelevant

the criminal is the bad guy

the victim is not

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    And to be clear I was born and raised in the gang infested parts of California. I never leave shit in my car.

never leave it unlocked even when its inside my garage.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    not really I can take the gun into my house and the same dude that was going to rob my car can rob my house.

No matter how you FEEL is irrelevant

the criminal is the bad guy

the victim is not

Rob or burgle? You can't rob a house. You can burglarize a house, or rob the people in it, but there is no such crime as robbing a house. I am sure you will argue with this fact as well.

You could also just leave your gun laying in the yard. Its on your property. No one should take it, but human nature suggests that would be a foolish decision because someone likely would.

The victim can often control if the crime happens and to act as if they aren't is simply foolish. How I feel is irrelevant, but this is a fact.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    God is supposedly the creator of everything and all knowing, all powerful, everlasting and everything that happens does so according to God's will. So you are asking the wrong guy - you need to' ask God. When you ask him and when God lets you know the answer to the question that you just put to me, please tell the rest of us what he tells you. Until then keep me out of your discussions about God because as I see it I am not responsible for what God has ordained and should not be put on the spot for what he does nor for what he tolerates. Men maybe should answer to God but most assuredly not for him.

As for me, I have been promoting and fighting for the RKBA and our liberty to exercise that right for decades. What I have to wonder is why you expect me to answer for what God does. To me that seems rather blasphemous - that is, you thinking that a mere mortal can answer for what God wills and you calling on me to do so. I think you should be ashamed of yourself for having done so.

>

Are you joking here ?

Our GOD does not pass or enforce those anti-Constitutional laws.

Nor does GOD demand fealty to a leftist government.

GOD has instructed us, as INDIVIDUALS, on our appropriate courses of action.

GOD is not a tyrant, nor does he support tyranny.

I am not “ashamed”, nor should I be !

leVieux

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Rob or burgle? You can't rob a house. You can burglarize a house, or rob the people in it, but there is no such crime as robbing a house. I am sure you will argue with this fact as well.

You could also just leave your gun laying in the yard. Its on your property. No one should take it, but human nature suggests that would be a foolish decision because someone likely would.

The victim can often control if the crime happens and to act as if they aren't is simply foolish. How I feel is irrelevant, but this is a fact.

Spin those words baby

and keep giving up your rights.

let me guess you are all for the 2nd BUT

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Spin those words baby

and keep giving up your rights.

let me guess you are all for the 2nd BUT
    You list your conclusion and assumptions without any supporting argument for how you arrived.

What am I spinning?

What rights am I giving up?

Suggesting I am a IST2AB guy is ludicrous, but let's leave that (foolish) idea aside for now as I am not the subject of this argument.

As Paul said: "All things to me are lawful, but all things are not profitable..." You certainly have every lawful right to leave your gun or Rolex or gold bars sitting on the seat or dash of your unlocked car, but don't try to argue it was a profitable choice when when a thief takes your valuables.

Leaving a gun or any valuable in a publicly accessible vehicle is a calculated risk at best and typically foolish. Full stop.

Last edited:

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Leaving a gun or any valuable in a publicly accessible vehicle is a calculated risk at best and typically foolish. Full stop.
    I drove a company truck across several states weekly for years. It contained thousands of dollars of tools and test equipment which would have impossible to remove and store in a hotel room every night. I attempted to park in the better lit parking spots of the hotels when possible. The only items I lost were a fire extinguisher and an igloo cooler. I guess most thieves didn't desire to take work tools.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I drove a company truck across several states weekly for years. It contained thousands of dollars of tools and test equipment which would have impossible to remove and store in a hotel room every night. I attempted to park in the better lit parking spots of the hotels when possible. The only items I lost were a fire extinguisher and an igloo cooler. I guess most thieves didn't desire to take work tools.

Calculated risk...

Earlier this year had a work truck with some cool robots that inspect pipelines from the inside and the computers that control them stolen from a company van. Several hundred thousand dollars of equipment gone in a few minutes... most likely it was a targeted burglary, but who knows.

Most often we get lucky, but if you play the odds long enough it may bite you.

Thieves take the weirdest things sometimes. A fire extinguisher? Really?

Razzamatazz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2022
    Middle of Texas
    Interesting thread to see what others do and feel about CCW and leaving so called weapon in the vehicle for whatever reason...as well as scriptures too!

I always plan my destinations (dr appt. PO, court house etc.) and will leave my handgun at home in a safe and never in my car. However, there are consequences for our actions if we leave it in the car. I understand at times it may be a matter of leaving it in the car or leaving altogether...I just leave. Our best deterrent is to have it on our body, second would be in a safe. We can only deter as best as we can, and thief is a thief and will do what they have to and take chances as they see it. We just need to limit those chances as best as we can. Most times I will walk pass some sign if I don't need to undress or get a pat down or walk through a metal detector. I carry because I don't want my family and myself to be a victim...hence I keep my CCW on me as much as possible.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I can't help but theorize that folks who get handguns stolen from vehicles mostly fall in two groups. The first are the ones who leave it in the trunk all the time. That's stupid; if your vehicle is ever broken into, your gun is gone.

The other group are those who arrive at a destination, realize it's posted, and then put their gun in their trunk at their destination. That's stupid, too. Thieves watch parking lots and the behavior I've just described is like Christmas to them; it's a present.

When I'm going somewhere posted, I put the gun in the trunk long before I'm in sight of the destination. If that means making a stop for the sole purpose of putting my gun away, I'll do it.

Seems like common sense to me.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Actually a small locked container under the hood is a better place to store it......imho....

Top Bottom