• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    As I have said before, if I am the victim of a car theft I am out a Taurus. Crooks have no problem getting guns no matter what. I would not feel guilty if my gun was stolen and used in a crime.
    Guns International

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I bet the percentage of guns stolen out of trucks versus cars is way higher, and then if you add bumper stickers it skyrockets.

I drive a corolla with a star wars sticker. I've parked my car in some of the sketchiest parts of houston, austin, and dallas and it's never been broken into once. Its clean and it doesnt look like anything is left in it.

I usually carry my pistol but my AR, BOB, and armor are all in the trunk and have been for years.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bet the percentage of guns stolen out of trucks versus cars is way higher, and then if you add bumper stickers it skyrockets.

I drive a corolla with a star wars sticker. I've parked my car in some of the sketchiest parts of houston, austin, and dallas and it's never been broken into once. Its clean and it doesnt look like anything is left in it.

I usually carry my pistol but my AR, BOB, and armor are all in the trunk and have been for years.
    Please post tag #, model year, & vehicle color

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Crook's will always be on the hunt. What's the difference if they steal them from your house or your car? Stolen is stolen, you can't 100% protect your guns. Yeah you can make it harder but crook's are crook's.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

I find it foolish to advertise that a vehicle is likely to contain firearms or other items of value. My amateur radio call sign on my vehicle tags is the only indicator that anything worth stealing is in the vehicle.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I find it foolish to advertise that a vehicle is likely to contain firearms or other items of value. My amateur radio call sign on my vehicle tags is the only indicator that anything worth stealing is in the vehicle.

I agree. I've never put a gun sticker on ANYTHING I own. They go in a pile in a box. I'd be willing to bet a large percentage of stolen guns have the steal me stickers on their vehicles.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >
    CONTRARIAN

OTOH, I have driven fabric-top velcro’ed or topless JEEPS for decades.

There is no need to “break-in”, they could be opened by pulling a velcro window strip. But, the genius criminals will cut the top or a plastic window to get in, causing much unnecessary & expensive damage.

Today, I leave them empty and UNLOCKED.

Years back in Houston, I put a blued J-frame w/ a black handle, clipped onto a control lever on the transmission hump, “backwards”, and left it there. It looked so much like one of the control handles that it was never molested, or even noticed.

More amazingly, when I was a runner, I found a little tri-fold wallet which looked exactly like the seat belt material, and just left it tucked into the driver’s seat near a belt; it survived unmolested, as it was so hard to notice.

Understand that I would never try those today.

There was an old book on “hiding things im plain sight”. . . . . .

leVieux

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Long gone are the days of old when you could leave a rifle and/or shotgun
    in a gun rack in your truck and never have to worry about it.

I wonder why that was?

It's not like there weren't any thieves back then.
    Respectable thieves didn't break into trucks?

What's different about now?

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    so if no one is prosecuted why are the prisons full
    I think you are smart enough to understand the gist of my statement. This would be akin to me replying that your quoted statement above says that the prisons are full of people who steal guns from cars. After all, that is what this thread is about, right?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom