• ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    and people who dress like whores deserve to be raped
    You are confusing ability and responsibility.

A victim isn't responsible for the crime, though they often have the ability to prevent or deter it through their choices and actions.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    You are confusing ability and responsibility.

A victim isn't responsible for the crime, though they often have the ability to prevent or deter it through their choices and actions.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

so because I do a totally legal action by leaving a gun in a car and some scum steals it I am not the victem

ok sure

Now just because you find it irresponsible to leave a gun in a car means jack shit.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    What I don’t get is the jackass that says store guns responsibly, keep ‘em out of kids hands, and then leaves one in a car. Glove boxes, console vaults, all those things are easily defeated with a 3-lb sledge or less.

A couple of federal agencies used to have a holster you could use a pair of handcuffs with to secure the firearm to a fixed object. Novel idea except hand cuffs aren’t exactly difficult to pick, even when double-locked as some agents later found out.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I wonder what statistic of car thefts are actual break ins versus unlocked doors. A lot of cars in my neighborhood here in Jarrell have been "broken into" but all the cameras show the thief walked up and checked the door and it was unlocked.

I've had 2 guns in my car pretty much every night that I've lived here and never had my car broken into. I NEVER forget to lock my car.. I sometimes go out before bed and double check its locked.

Maybe I'm lucky, or maybe most thieves are too lazy to work more than checking the door.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I wonder what statistic of car thefts are actual break ins versus unlocked doors. A lot of cars in my neighborhood here in Jarrell have been "broken into" but all the cameras show the thief walked up and checked the door and it was unlocked.

I've had 2 guns in my car pretty much every night that I've lived here and never had my car broken into. I NEVER forget to lock my car.. I sometimes go out before bed and double check its locked.

Maybe I'm lucky, or maybe most thieves are too lazy to work more than checking the door.
    Yep, just like in post #18, lots of videos showing people in driveways checking for unlocked doors in our neighborhood.
    If locked, they go to the next one.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

I’m 2/2 on forcible break in of a locked vehicle. Nothing stolen either time because nothing of value left in vehicle.

Both incidents caught on camera, broad daylight, in city of San Antonio, with police reports filed.

We keep our vehicles locked and in the garage at home.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    It's a pain, and irks the hell out of me. but when I go the VA I go disarmed. Having to report a stolen gun while on Federal property would only bring more scrutiny........I have way too much to lose to play stupid games....

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    It's a pain, and irks the hell out of me. but when I go the VA I go disarmed. Having to report a stolen gun while on Federal property would only bring more scrutiny........I have way too much to lose to play stupid games....
    The last VA I visited had signs in the parking lot prohibiting weapons on the property.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Can't honestly say I obeyed them....

My trips to the doc usually winds up with me being bare ass naked for melanoma check ups and half-naked for EKGs. The docs are fed employees in fed facilities. Can’t get that concealed and won’t risk a firearm theft occurring on fed property. Like @V-Tach, too much to risk a fed felony over.

Bothers the ever-loving shit out of me, but that’s a risk I take three times a year and I’m okay admitting it.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    My trips to the doc usually winds up with me being bare ass naked for melanoma check ups and half-naked for EKGs. The docs are fed employees in fed facilities. Can’t get that concealed and won’t risk a firearm theft occurring on fed property.

Bothers the ever-loving shit out of me, but that’s a risk I take three times a year and I’m okay admitting it.
    When I saw the signs not allowing weapons in VA parking lot, I ignored it and parked as they had no reason to search my vehicle. On followup trips I've parked off VA property.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm just wondering why you quoted my post while talking about "no gun zones"?

My ATF Kid says that many pistols used in crimes were stolen from autos & pickups.

Many of us are forced to leave guns in autos by the “zones”.

As you said, your driveway doesn’t have the zones.

Just a comment in passing. . . . .

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    My ATF Kid says that many pistols used in crimes were stolen from autos & pickups.

It is a crime to break into a vehicle, locked or unlocked. Leaving property in a vehicle is not a crime.
    Which action should be stopped? :popcorn:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I lived up north, a young thief was arrested for stealing things out of cars in my neighborhood. Cars on my block were repeatedly burglarized. He never forced open even a single car, all he did was grabbed the door handle to see if the car was locked or not. Everything he stole had been in cars on which the doors had been left unlocked. Sure some thieves break into cars but some do not, those latter ones just depend on the carelessness or forgetfulness of the car owner who does not lock the car doors. No, I am not saying to blame the rape victim, I am saying don't give help to a thief by facilitating their commission of a crime. Why make it easy for them. Same goes for pro-gun stickers left on vehicles and for packages left in the passenger compartment in plain view when the vehicle is left unattended.

As for leaving guns in a car, I have done it now and again but not often with a handgun and often with my trunk long gun. I do sometimes leave a pistol if I go to a hospital or the like for treatment but usually try to remember to leave it at home. When I do that, I try to remember not to fiddle with the gun in the facility's parking lot, I will pull over somewhere else before getting there and conceal the firearm. I try not to advertise, in the parking lot, that I am hiding anything of value.

But, WHY must we tolerate this degree of infringement on our basic GOD-given RIGHTS ?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is a crime to break into a vehicle, locked or unlocked. Leaving property in a vehicle is not a crime.
    Which action should be stopped? :popcorn:

The silly proliferation of those stupid “Gun-Free Zones”.

Our legislators own more duty to (Us) We the People and to the US Constitution than to any “Industry Lobbyist” or “Corporate Attorney” !

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

Maybe putting up "Theft-Free Zone" signs will solve the problem......

Top Bottom