• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Anyone know of a good instructor in the SA area? Took an excellent class from Longtooth (board member) and looking for more training.
    Venture Surplus ad

jedwil

2d Amendment Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Hilll Country

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I was impressed with their carbine DVD and learned a lot from it. Not everybody can learn effectively from a video, though. There are three ways to learn something, and some people require more than one - reading or lecture, demonstration and personal experience (IE: doing it yourself). A good class will involve all three to make sure that everybody picks up what they need.

Hey, what exactly do you want to work on, Dcav? I know some stuff... :p Actually, I've been thinking about getting certified as an NRA Instructor to start teaching for some extra cash. I've taught enough people at this point I should probably start charging. But if I can help you out, I'll do it free. ;)

Matthew2000tx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Helotes, TX
    I'm following this post as well...

My wife and I are both CHL holders we took our class with Ron Lotz good guy.. of course the CHL is not really a class about defensive shooting but law and your rights in Texas as a CHL holder. We hit the Bass Pro range about once a week sometimes twice a week.

As stated above I'm following this thread because I'd like to take my training to the next level.

So I'd like to see the recommendations that come on this thread.
    Right now I'd like to learn about using the pistol in a home defense situation and low light (anyone know who/where classes like this are taught.)

Eventually, I'm interested in possibly eventually becoming an NRA instructor (Wife and I are both teachers...teaching is in our blood). I've helped a few female co-teachers of mine with basic shooting and gun handling and really liked teaching that a lot. I so if anyone knows some good affordable NRA classes let me know... I haven't even officially taken the gun safety class..I guess that is step #1.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Find you a combat veteran. Those guy's can teach you some very useful stuff. Thats what I do! Speaking of, I need to call Doc...
    Hey!! Call Clockworks, I'll bet he would love to go shoot. I could only emagine the great tacticle stuff he know about AR's and such..

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Find you a combat veteran. Those guy's can teach you some very useful stuff. Thats what I do! Speaking of, I need to call Doc...
    Hey!! Call Clockworks, I'll bet he would love to go shoot. I could only emagine the great tacticle stuff he know about AR's and such..
    You'd be suprised how little soldiers train with handguns.

Top Bottom