• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anglerman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2021
    I just purchased a Bergara B14S522SP Wilderness in 6.5 Creedmore, I'm not a full time 1000 yard shooter. I plan on buying either a Arken SH4 or a Vortex with a 34mm tube. My question is which halo style rings and what height are the best for this type of set up or just go with a single piece 20 moa rigid precision mount????
    ARJ Defense ad

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Many single piece mounts will be too tall for bolt action guns. They are usually designed for rifles with no drop in the stock like ARs.

That being said if you have a large objective lens they may work.

Can't help you beyond that besides to say single piece mounts are more rigid.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    I just purchased a Bergara B14S522SP Wilderness in 6.5 Creedmore, I'm not a full time 1000 yard shooter. I plan on buying either a Arken SH4 or a Vortex with a 34mm tube. My question is which halo style rings and what height are the best for this type of set up or just go with a single piece 20 moa rigid precision mount????
    With that much elevation you won't need a 20moa cant! If I looked at the correct scope it would give you over 1,000"@1,000 yards. Subsonic ammo out if a 300bo then maybe? Not judging your choice.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    If you don't already have a base, then get a 20 moa base. It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
    For rings, I prefer American Rifle Co. M10 rings. They are expensive, but worth every penny, I have 6 sets of them.

For height, I run Medium rings on all my 50mm & 56mm objective scopes.

E8QAV5h.jpg

Yuom0Vx.jpg

Last edited:

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Having the correct alignment of a single mount reduces the work of the installer. If you ever had to “lap” the rings, you would understand.

Top Bottom