• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Halloween is one of my favorite fun holidays. I remember some fond memories as a kid and as an adult that involved Halloween. Even as an adult, I enjoyed getting into the spirit by dressing up for the holiday. Lot's of fun and great memories of past Halloween's.

Back when I was married to my second ex-wife, and lived in town and just outside of town, we had a lot of fun decorating our house and yard for everyone to see. I really like the solitude of living in a very rural area, and the current wife only decorated once not long after we moved here, but we had no trick or treaters, and I doubt anyone even saw the decorations we did in the yard, so haven't done it since.

One year, I dressed up as dead golfer. we got some of those types of clothing similar to those the golfers wore in the 1940's, and I took a putter and bent a "U" shape in the muddle to fit over my head, with fake blood running out both sides of my head! I did some pretty strange looks from other people when I was taking my stepdaughter trick or treating! But I had lots of fun with it.

Anyone else have any Halloween plans, or memories from the past?
    Lynx Defense

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Halloween is one of my favorite fun holidays. I remember some fond memories as a kid and as an adult that involved Halloween. Even as an adult, I enjoyed getting into the spirit by dressing up for the holiday. Lot's of fun and great memories of past Halloween's.

Back when I was married to my second ex-wife, and lived in town and just outside of town, we had a lot of fun decorating our house and yard for everyone to see. I really like the solitude of living in a very rural area, and the current wife only decorated once not long after we moved here, but we had no trick or treaters, and I doubt anyone even saw the decorations we did in the yard, so haven't done it since.

One year, I dressed up as dead golfer. we got some of those types of clothing similar to those the golfers wore in the 1940's, and I took a putter and bent a "U" shape in the muddle to fit over my head, with fake blood running out both sides of my head! I did some pretty strange looks from other people when I was taking my stepdaughter trick or treating! But I had lots of fun with it.

Anyone else have any Halloween plans, or memories from the past?
    Was that the year Payne Stewart died in the crash? No wonder you got funny looks. Too soon. His crash was just before Halloween. Lol

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    That's the wife and kids dept. I'm usually busy setting up and watching them making sure some hellion doesn't slam dunk it before Halloween is over.

When we lived in town many years ago, our house had those big stone sides on either side of the front steps. I would carve two huge jack-o-laterns to sit on each one. We had sheets on strings hanging from the trees in the front yard! Many times we had a stuffed scarecrow guy sitting in chair on the front porch or the front yard.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Every year that we have been in the house I try an encourage the wife not to feed the Hood Rats! We sure don't need the candy in the house, besides it cheaper the day after.

Honestly, we live far enough out rural, we don't have that problem anymore. But I have grown way crankier and grumpier in those years as well!

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    My wife spent almost a hundred bucks on candy. She says the kids deserve a big time cause they have been locked up so much.

Tonight I catch her eating candy. Now normally I've learned from decades of experience not to get between or mess with the relationship of female and chocolate but tonight I couldnt resist.

I asked, a big time for the kids huh? I thought you got all that for the kids and here you are rat holeing it and downing it like a diabetic with chronically low blood sugar.

Ooooh the look I got. Sheit, she's laying here right now and I swear she is faking her snoring just waiting for me to fall asleep to get her revenge.

Last edited:

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    When we lived in town many years ago, our house had those big stone sides on either side of the front steps. I would carve two huge jack-o-laterns to sit on each one. We had sheets on strings hanging from the trees in the front yard! Many times we had a stuffed scarecrow guy sitting in chair on the front porch or the front yard.
    The wife went to those huge ceramic jack o lanterns. I chain them to the house cause they are tempting targets.

The youngest is an adult now but she said she is craving a gord so I told her some kids already smashed on of the neighbors pumpkins on their car hood.

Well see.

I have a projector I use on holidays. It project a large relevant image on the garage door. That's the limit of my decorative contribution to any holiday.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    My wife spent almost a hundred bucks on candy. She says the kids deserve a big time cause they have been locked up so much.

Tonight I catch her eating candy. Now normally if learned from decades of experience not to get between or mess with the relationship of female and chocolate but tonight I couldnt resist.

I asked, a big time for the kids huh? I thought you got all that for the kids and here you are rat holeing it and downing it like a diabetic with chronically low blood sugar.

Ooooh the look I got. Sheit, she's laying here right now and I swear she is faking her snoring just waiting for me to fall asleep to get her revenge.

Dayem dude, you live dangerously!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    When I was in high school, some of the "tough" guys always bragged about toilet papering houses and trees in people's yard, and one year they threatened to make ours one of their targets that year.

I told Dad about it when I got home that evening. He said let them come. He had some new rock salt loads he wanted to try out to see what they could do. Our house or trees never got toilet papered, ever!

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Went to a fun little party on Saturday with my girlfriend...things got a little wild!

6c165d850eeba1d8dda13b1f4fddc479.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    We've lived in a new neighborhood since July, about 30 total homes and most of us are getting together for a big outdoor Halloween party for the adults and kids. No one here is escurrred of the wu-flu. Everyone is contributing to food and drink, popcorn machines, bounce house, a hayride, setup, clean up, etc. Should be great fun and a welcome event to connect before all the election madness.

Top Bottom