TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Ok..unless your and Avengers fan you won't get that...lol

I just bought my 1st suppressor
    Started with a .22 Hydra

E form used the Silencer Shop kiosk at a local store.
    Now the wait begins

I'll probably get another one for my ARs/bolt guns before long ..just need to read more about it.
    Screenshot_20220910-140241_Chrome.jpg

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Ok..unless your and Avengers fan you won't get that...lol

I just bought my 1st suppressor
    Started with a .22 Hydra

E form used the Silencer Shop kiosk at a local store.
    Now the wait begins

I'll probably get another one for my ARs/bolt guns before long ..just need to read more about it.
    View attachment 343793
    Did they happen to mention rather or not you can follow updates on eForms? I just used the kiosk today for the first time also.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    You cannot follow the progress on eForms as the application is under the dealer's account.

You will an approval/disapproval contemporaneously with the dealer.
    They told me that I will need to create my own login on Eforms and the suppressor is going to be tied to my account..did I misunderstand?
    Why would I have to have my own account and PIN number?

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    They told me that I will need to create my own login on Eforms and the suppressor is going to be tied to my account..did I misunderstand?
    Why would I have to have my own account and PIN number?
    It is correct that you must create an eForms account to use eForms; however, Form 4s via eForms can only be submitted by dealers at this time.
    The application is submitted from the dealers eForms account but is tied to your account so you will receive notice of submission and, hopefully, approval.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    BTW.
    I'm proud for ya and a month or so behind ya.
    I hate waiting on anything and thats the reason I've put off doing this for awhile..
    But obviously nothing is going to change anytime
    I as well. I waited because I hate waiting. Go figure.
    It's the idea of paying hundreds of dollars for a gun part and having to spend 6 months being infringed before I can use it.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I hate waiting on anything and thats the reason I've put off doing this for awhile..
    But obviously nothing is going to change anytime

It's the idea of paying hundreds of dollars for a gun part and having to spend 6 months being infringed before I can use it.
    Exactly. It’s bad enough that you’re getting the coals poured to ya. But you have to drum your fingers on top of it for six months to a year while they allow you to exercise a Right. Too, I’ll leave a restaurant with a 30 minute wait to drive 40 minutes to walk into and sit down at another restaurant.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I've been putting it off for many reasons:

I hate the fact that you can buy a gun and take it home, but you have to apply for an accessary.

I hate that you have to pay a $200 tax stamp to legally own it.

I hate that manufacturers take advantage of the difficulty in getting one to charge an extravagant price for what is basically a small muffler.

All that being said, I'll probably break down and buy one myself since it doesn't seem as if congress will ever push to deregulate it.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I've been putting it off for many reasons:

I hate the fact that you can buy a gun and take it home, but you have to apply for an accessary.

I hate that you have to pay a $200 tax stamp to legally own it.

I hate that manufacturers take advantage of the difficulty in getting one to charge an extravagant price for what is basically a small muffler.

All that being said, I'll probably break down and buy one myself since it doesn't seem as if congress will ever push to deregulate it.
    I'm with you on the high price for some machined parts that they can spit out on a CNC in a few minutes ..there are a metric shit ton of rules and paper work that they have to follow to the T in order to manufacture and sell these. Even the amount of time and effort the FFL has to go thru to just manage the sale of one of these is total BS..
    That has to add to the cost.

In contrast, think about a mil spec lower..they are machined out and mass produced and you can buy one with a standard NICS and 4473 for under $100 anywhere

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'm with you on the high price for some machined parts that they can spit out on a CNC in a few minutes ..there are a metric shit ton of rules and paper work that they have to follow to the T in order to manufacture and sell these. Even the amount of time and effort the FFL has to go thru to just manage the sale of one of these is total BS..
    That has to add to the cost.

In contrast, think about a mil spec lower..they are machined out and mass produced and you can buy one with a standard NICS and 4473 for under $100 anywhere
    While certainly I can respect the cost of something handmade, these are not. I know what it takes to build one.

I hate the thought of feeding a bureaucracy I want banished. It's more of a culmination of what I listed that my teeth grind when thinking of buying one.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Top Bottom