• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickt300

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2022
    Texas
    There was apparently 4 inches of rain that fell Thursday making half at least of that property a total mud hole. Second the moon was so bright I could see the shadow of my hand sharply on the floor of the tent. You did not need a flashlight to see at all. Meaning night hog activitey when we couldn't hunt was the rule. The rain is not Hagerman managements fault but they could have scheduled the hunt during a smaller moon phase easily. Bonehead dummassery on their part. The biggest complaint I can lodge is this, less than two weeks ago they killed hundreds of pigs via shooting them from helicopters. The dead hogs were everywhere. They had not even begun to rot though most of them had been chowed down on by coyotes and other hogs. Why didn't these thoughtless airheads, mental midgets, low IQ simple SOB's schedule the drawn hunt before the helicopter shoot? What could have been the hog hunt of my grandson's lifetime was turned into a very hard hunt with not a lot of hogs in the unit we hunted. The hogs were holed up on what high ground there was in dead Blackerry vine patches, dense thorn tree patches and Cedar trees. We saw seven hogs in three days of hard work. Not one clean shot offered. The only reason for this idiotic scheduling that makes any sense is that they just wanted our money to pay for the Helicopter crew's fuel and air time. Or they want to discourage the people from drawing for the Hagerman hog hunt. I bet they were not limited to lead free ammo either.
    DK Firearms

rickt300

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2022
    Texas
    Actually the experience was pretty good, got my Grandson out hunting and taught him the fundamentals of hunting in thick brush, short pushes, pinch moves. Both of us saw hogs, 7 in total but the brush and where they were in one case between the two of us made a clean shot either impossible or unsafe. I will not waste any more money drawing for Hagerman.

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    It’s all about the
    08AEAA2A-D84A-4DCE-8F33-EAF23EB20651.jpeg

rickt300

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2022
    Texas
    I drew for this weekend, and this is not exactly motivating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well good luck to you. Looked into it and it looks like little or no rain fell.If I were to make any recomendations I would say to hunt the highest ground you can find. The northeast corner of the Big mineral unit if you can get in there. The Godwin unit might be good or at least better but it depends how wet everything is. We got our visuals by moving through serious thorn trees and dead blackberry vines. Their safe areas. Hammer anvil pushes if there are two of you. A shotgun with buckshot would be ideal.

Top Bottom