• ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Geez I hope it ain't so. It seems downright stupid but that's why it could be plausible. I told him it went against the first provisions of the CHL. He said it had something to do with the new legislation for open carry.

One thing I've come to expect about the government is you never get something for nothing.
    This time it's not a GOV issue, it's an Atwood's personnel issue. He's wrong, plain & simple.
    Capitol Armory ad

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    Today my new CHL finally arrived it took about 7 weeks total I had to resubmit proof that I was a veteran again even though it said veteran on my last CHL. I am not sure if all requests for renewal go to the same office or if it is by area, so I am not sure why mine seemed to have taken twice as long as what I have been reading. If you live by Houston maybe make sure you give it a little more time .

roboto65

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2019
    Conroe,TX
    I live in Conroe renewed mine online did not have to provide my 214 again just filled out the info online and waited cannot remember how long it was but did not seem long.

zen1300

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2013
    I filled out application this weekend for renew. I was asked for a copy of my DD-214 as well. My current LTC has Veteran on it.

But I can tell you when I got my last drivers license renewal I brought my DD-214 to add veteran to my license. I even paid the small fee. License came without veteran and they told me I would have to bring in my DD-214 again. Wasn’t worth waiting in that line again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

zen1300

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2013
    I didn't think there was a fee for adding veteran to your DL.

Actually, you are correct. A fee only applies if that’s the only change you are making. I checked and I didn’t pay the fee. But to bring it in now just for that change I would have to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I just got my renewal LTC in the mail yesterday. Only took about a month from when I applied for renewal on line. I was expecting the “gold star” to be on the LTC same as the DL? So I guess the TSA won’t recognize a Texas LTC as an official ID?

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I just got my renewal LTC in the mail yesterday. Only took about a month from when I applied for renewal on line. I was expecting the “gold star” to be on the LTC same as the DL? So I guess the TSA won’t recognize a Texas LTC as an official ID?

I have to hold the card at an angle to the light to see my star-in-a-circle on both my DL and LTC.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I have to hold the card at an angle to the light to see my star-in-a-circle on both my DL and LTC.

I’ve got those on both DL & LTC but the “gold star” is separate and it too is on my DL as well as the holographic star you’re talking about. The “gold star” is what’s required to board a plane. It’s all so confusing

just country

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Texas
    morning, looked at mine, renew's on my birthday.
    depending where u live. Bexar shooting range run
    by Jennifer and Vernon have classes once a month.
    they could answer ur question. justme gbot tum

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I just went and checked my LTC. I've got the holographic star on it. I've got a regular gold star on my DL.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I renewed my DL late last year. It has a holograph star overlapping the photo and a white star in a gold circle in the upper right corner. My LTC, renewed in 2018, only has the holograph star overlapping the photo.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    I renewed my DL late last year. It has a holograph star overlapping the photo and a white star in a gold circle in the upper right corner. My LTC, renewed in 2018, only has the holograph star overlapping the photo.
    The "Gold Star" on the DL allows you on an airplane etc. The LTC is not valid for the Feds, TSA etc. Tried to use my LTC to board an airplane a couple of years ago and TSA said not good enough.

Top Bottom