• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Inside joke and I won't go into it...but I used to want one of those. The bore axis is too high and durability was a problem and those are enough reasons for me to have changed my mind. I loved the trigger, though. It felt just like the spring-powered "space pistol" toy I had as a child. Exactly like it.

I'm the only person I know who liked that trigger. :)

I saw one not too long ago for $500

I was tempted. Very tempted
    Hurley's Gold

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Inside joke and I won't go into it...but I used to want one of those. The bore axis is too high and durability was a problem and those are enough reasons for me to have changed my mind. I loved the trigger, though. It felt just like the spring-powered "space pistol" toy I had as a child. Exactly like it.

The trigger acted as the selector on the full auto version lick the Steyr AUG.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The trigger acted as the selector on the full auto version lick the Steyr AUG.
    I'm sorry I wasn't clear. The VP70 trigger is awful. It was the Colt 2000 trigger that I (uniquely, I think) actually liked.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If y’all are finding your carry’s heavy, the « Suspender Store » online has some great « fireman suspenders » with waistband clips.
    Interesting idea but I've never trusted clip-on suspenders. If I wear them, they will attach to the buttons sewn inside my pants.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Saw one at a pawn shop...$4500!

Yes four and a half Gs.

Now gents, would you pack that gun CCW?
    I carried a P7 psp in Iraq and Bosnia then CCW for 15 years...Hell yes I would Carry a 13 shot version!!! The only reason I sold it and went to a SIG 320 then 365 is the mag capacity. Best pointing weapon since the Luger P08 and with that low sight to bore axis the sight reset was instant. Well banking $1500 after buying the SIG VTAC did not hurt either. Value? Nope not for me, if I found one on the ground I would sell it and buy a dollar practical gun.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

They are interesting in a Forgotten Weapons collectable way.....

If y’all are finding your carry’s heavy, the « Suspender Store » online has some great « fireman suspenders » with waistband clips.

I like the Perry suspenders, particularly the Ubees. They clip onto your belt, providing support for your belt and pocket carry methods.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They are interesting in a Forgotten Weapons collectable way.....

I like the Perry suspenders, particularly the Ubees. They clip onto your belt, providing support for your belt and pocket carry methods.
    I tried several types back when I was fat, and like the needle-clip fireman’s best. The same company offers some 5 or 6 different attachment types. I wear a heavy T-Shirt, tucked, under suspenders, with a cotton or nylon fishing shirt over, untucked. Being retired really relaxes dress styles. Our cleaners’ bill has gone from around $200/mo to nil since I’m retired.

Laufer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Lakeland/Memphis TN
    glenbo:

It's not discussed recently that there was whichever international boycott, regarding selling small arms (or larger) to Israel.
    I'm curious whether that's when & why HK refused to sell, with so much pressure on the UN from the 'new age' PLO etc, although it wasn't justified (at all) to refuse.

Luckily the Czechs (or "Czechoslo-"), before and/or after Communism ended, supplied tons of the CZ-83s etc to Israel, and their
    Internal Security Agency (Shin Bet) uses which ever CZ-75 series, according to the 75 User List on Wiki. Sidenote: even Delta Team uses some 75s.

The only handgun class (pretty unusual) I took after acquiring the TN CCW ; about six years ago: age 61!...was pretty unusual.
    That class class - which included an attorney with the Memphis DA Office -was instructed by two Israeli guys. Incidentally, one of them doesn't want his photo taken, due to his unusual work somewhere outside of Israel.....

Believe it or not, they told me that they really like the quality/reliability of German Sigs... fwiw.

:cool:The reason I yesterday read about on Wiki was ---because--- my young nephew just bought a nib CZ-75B, his second gun.
    He wasn't aware of how many countries or which agencies use the various 75 models.

Last edited:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Luckily the Czechs (or "Czechoslo-"), before and/or after Communism ended, supplied tons of the CZ-83s etc to Israel, and their Internal Security Agency (Shin Bet) uses which ever CZ-75 series, according to the 75 User List on Wiki. Sidenote: even Delta Team uses some 75s.

On a side note, the new IWI Masada Slim uses CZ-75 style magazines....nice hat-tip to the Czechs.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    glenbo:

It's not discussed recently that there was whichever international boycott, regarding selling small arms (or larger) to Israel.
    I'm curious whether that's when & why HK refused to sell, with so much pressure on the UN from the 'new age' PLO etc, although it wasn't justified (at all) to refuse.

Luckily the Czechs (or "Czechoslo-"), before and/or after Communism ended, supplied tons of the CZ-83s etc to Israel, and their
    Internal Security Agency (Shin Bet) uses which ever CZ-75 series, according to the 75 User List on Wiki. Sidenote: even Delta Team uses some 75s.

The only handgun class (pretty unusual) I took after acquiring the TN CCW ; about six years ago: age 61!...was pretty unusual.
    That class class - which included an attorney with the Memphis DA Office -was instructed by two Israeli guys. Incidentally, one of them doesn't want his photo taken, due to his unusual work somewhere outside Israel.

Believe it or not, they told me that they really like the quality/reliability of German Sigs... fwiw.

Kwaheri / see you later. ;)
    HK decided to stop arms sales to several Mideast countries. I can understand not selling to muslim countries who want to erase Israel. I can't understand not selling to Israel. I sold the only HK I had at that time and won't ever have another, even though there are several I'd love to have.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    HK decided to stop arms sales to several Mideast countries. I can understand not selling to muslim countries who want to erase Israel. I can't understand not selling to Israel. I sold the only HK I had at that time and won't ever have another, even though there are several I'd love to have.
    Wow I own H&K knowing they Hate Me Personally. One might want to research who actually owned them at that time.

My last H&K was the USP, can't buy a P7A1 and nothing else really interest me. I am at the selling stage of life and it appears my USP goes at the end of the month.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Saw one at a pawn shop...$4500!

Yes four and a half Gs.

Now gents, would you pack that gun CCW?
    Nope, P7M8 is better to pack, single stack and slimmer, too expensive to carry though P7's are sling shotting in price.

I just sold one of mine, a P7 PSP marked slide last production run with smooth English walnut grips for 5,000.00, saw one go for 7,200 on GB. Guy drove up from Huston to get it, Chinese dude.

P2Hau09.jpg

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Wow I own H&K knowing they Hate Me Personally. One might want to research who actually owned them at that time.

My last H&K was the USP, can't buy a P7A1 and nothing else really interest me. I am at the selling stage of life and it appears my USP goes at the end of the month.

MP7A1?

I know there's way too much internet confusion on HK. I don't blame them for not selling to any middle eastern countries, the whole thing is a cluster over there. Israel manipulates us to the max, they're not totally innocent. I used to be a big supporter but have grown tired.

A lot of HK's import export issues have to do with their own and importers governments including ours.

Last edited:

Laufer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Lakeland/Memphis TN
    HKaltwasser:

You managed to sell a P7 for $5,000.:cool: Or was I hypoxic? Wow. Well done.

I could probably buy an authentic German HK-91 for that 'revenue' with approx. 2,000 rds. of ammo.
    Remember Val Kilmer on the Roof? ; at the drive-in movie (Heat) with his true 91?:m16: Mine (both) are PTR-91s.

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Deaf Smith: Yes, I would gladly carry such a gun if an altruistic person wants to sell me one at 2004 prices. Ohne Zweifel / without a doubt.

A) It's a German-made (= proofed) HK.

B) Most owners seem to describe really good ergonomics (which might include a DA trigger?), unique operating system, excellent reliability.

C) And I like the strange shape which reeks of no-nonsense lethality.
    I hear there is one laying around the landscaping of Nakatomi tower in LA.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Top Bottom