• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Text of H.J.Res. 41: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relative to limiting the ... (Introduced version) - GovTrack.us

HJ 41 IH
    113th CONGRESS
    1st Session
    H. J. RES. 41
    Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relative to limiting the number of terms that a Member of Congress may serve.
    IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
    [h=3]April 23, 2013
    [/h] Mr. SALMON (for himself, Mr. SCHWEIKERT, Mr. RICE of South Carolina, Mr. DESANTIS, Mr. BRIDENSTINE, and Mr. PITTENGER) introduced the following joint resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

JOINT RESOLUTION
    Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relative to limiting the number of terms that a Member of Congress may serve.

• Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled (two-thirds of each House concurring therein), That the following article is proposed as an amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of the Constitution when ratified by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years after the date of its submission for ratification:
    [h=3]‘Article--[/h]
    • ‘Section 1. No person who has served 3 terms as a Representative shall be eligible for election to the House of Representatives. For purposes of this section, the election of a person to fill a vacancy in the House of Representatives shall be included as 1 term in determining the number of terms that such person has served as a Representative if the person fills the vacancy for more than 1 year.

‘Section 2. No person who has served 2 terms as a Senator shall be eligible for election or appointment to the Senate. For purposes of this section, the election or appointment of a person to fill a vacancy in the Senate shall be included as 1 term in determining the number of terms that such person has served as a Senator if the person fills the vacancy for more than 3 years.

‘Section 3. No term beginning before the date of the ratification of this article shall be taken into account in determining eligibility for election or appointment under this article.’.
    Lynx Defense

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    *Facepalm* People need to realize that term limits DO NOTHING. California is the most screwed-up state in the nation, and it's got term limits.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Sage, can you elaborate on why that is :confused:

Bob, I don't see them voting it in either. Limit the gravy train? Noo

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Sage, can you elaborate on why that is :confused:

Bob, I don't see them voting it in either. Limit the gravy train? Noo

Because morons always elect slimeballs. That's just the way the world works. Term limits just mean you get a different slimeball every few terms, but there's no improvement, ever.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

inceptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Denton County, Republic of Texas
    The depth of interest and knowledge, or lack of, by the general public is astonishing.

IIRC she retracted the above on Alex Jones not too long ago. As if it is any consolation. The damage is already done and will continue for another 3 years :rolleyes:

The second half of the problems is many people don't vote at all. There are many who are clueless about what's going on.
    Political Man on the Street - YouTube

How Obama Got Elected... Interviews With Obama Voters - YouTube

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The second half of the problems is many people don't vote at all. There are many who are clueless about what's going on.
    Political Man on the Street - YouTube

How Obama Got Elected... Interviews With Obama Voters - YouTube

You know, I can't really blame a lot of people for not voting. The two sides are too close together at this point. The voter turnout for the last presidential election was extremely low, and one reason I think is that people just didn't want either candidate.

inceptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Denton County, Republic of Texas
    I can't disagree on that point but mainly I was talking about just paying attention. There are many who are clueless as to what's going on in this world or even just this country. They are wrapped up in their own little sphere and could care less about the larger picture.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't disagree on that point but mainly I was talking about just paying attention. There are many who are clueless as to what's going on in this world or even just this country. They are wrapped up in their own little sphere and could care less about the larger picture.

It boils down to "I've got mine and to Hell with you" attitude. Or it's all "Me! Me! Me!" which is the way they'll vote. If they are promised the world, they'll believe it and vote for that candidate. It's that type of attitude of many of the voters that keep the libiturd f**ksticks in office. Term limits could (unlikely but the slight chance IS there) change that but the chances of term limits even being discussed has about as much chance as a snowball in Hell. The career politicians are NOT going to give up the power they've accumulated over their years in office so they will NOT vote to end that for themselves.

Top Bottom