• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mkburden

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    HUNT COUNTY TEXAS
    I have been looking into a gunsmith course and have a bad case of tired head. For a gunsmith course, it seems like you will also need an ffl (now or in the near future still a little hazy on this). For you gunsmiths out there, chime in and get me on the right path. I feel I should begin with the gunsmith class, then proceed with the ffl. I have found PSU (accredited etc.) which I am seriously wanting to get started on immediately. Any recommendations, is this a quality course? Is the ffl needed? I hope to do minor to mid level work, I'm not going to put a metal shop in my garage (yes it would not be a "brick/ mortar" store, but a home "business"). If I have to get an ffl, then I will buy/sell/repair. Links to more info will be great, but nothing beats first hand knowledge. Thanks in advance for any info.
    Capitol Armory ad

The_Vigilante

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Far West Texas
    Most online or home gunsmith courses are a "scam." If you are serious about becoming a gunsmith then you need to go to an accredited college/institution that teaches gunsmithing. Second best bet would be going to work for an experienced gunsmith and learn on the job. It's your money!!

Top Bottom