• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I know that there are plenty of books out there that do a great job of spreading gun lore and educating the reader. I enjoy those a lot.

On the other hand...

I got a hand-me-down novel, "The Hit" by David Baldacci and came across this paragraph, when the author is trying to make sure that the reader has full appreciation for the sniper rifle about to be used on a bad guy:
    The long-distance flight of a 7.62 round built up astonishing kinetic energy. In fact, the farther it traveled the more energy it built up...

Now, I am a fan of the 7.62, but I cannot figure out the corruption of the laws of physics that resulted in the above statement. I mean, if that were fact, I ought to be able to put a projectile into low earth orbit.

To gain in kinetic energy, the bullet would have to accelerate in flight. And that would require the addition of energy from another source.

So I am not buying it. Unless Mr Baldacci can send me a link to these energy-increasing rounds. Then I will definitely buy some.
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Spent many a slow night driving a Taxi reading that whole series back in the 1970s. A couple other similar series too. 2:30am to 5am was dead.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Stonyman farm is da shit..
    I got hooked on mack in the 80's found a book store that had them and he would let me trade them.
    I know the total history of mack

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Jack Carr is a gun and gear nerd and his attention to details is amazing. Guns, vehicles, boats, tactics, geography, technology, etc.

He has the credentials and he used very legitimate sources to verify his technical writings.

I’ve read all four of his books, and they are excellent…and the realism is scary…

His next book is due out soon.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Is out in hard cover
    Thanks! I bought the last book hard cover. I’m not a book collector, and prefer paperback, but may not wait.

Kinda mixed about the upcoming “Terminal List” Netflix movie. Carr was supposedly involved in production but who knows. I do like Chris Pratt…so maybe it will be watchable.

Top Bottom