• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I've bought/sold about 15 guns on Texas Gun Trader. I never had a problem. I've seen scammers on it trying to scam me selling items priced below market value, but they are obvious when they reply.
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention, their website is slower than hell, and sucks.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    My experience with TGTrader has been mostly positive. Deals that are too good to be true usually are. I typically avoid ads on TGTrader that don't include price, text #, or anything that starts with a variation of "just seeing what's out there". I did have one underage guy try to buy a handgun from me but when I said I wouldn't sell it to him without a valid ID he lost interest. Buyer and seller beware.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    got back and went to Modern Pawn & Guns to have it checked out and there were no issues when I had it Transfered to my name.

i am extremely curious as to what you mean by this.
    i hope you didn't pay to much for this "Service". all i can think of is you took in the weapon, filled out a 4473, and paid a transfer fee, and left with the same weapon, the guy behind the desk calls time and temperature for ten minutes pockets your $25 "transfer fee" and gets free whataburger on the way home.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I have done very well with buying on TGT and of course there are scammers. People who have been registered for years, live locally, have a decent price, provide a valid phone number, unlikely to scam.
    I never go for a buy though if I am alone. My wife is always with me, armed to the hilt.
    I've had lots of good experiences on there since 2010. It's easy to spot the scammers and it's easy to sniff it out if not recognized right away.

Most stuff is over priced on there as of late, but where isn't it.

Gotta love this line though:
    No price, make an offer, NO LOW BALLING. I think there's probably two different ideas on what people think their stuff is worth.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I've had decent luck on TxGunTrader as well.
    Haven't been scammed but they've tried a couple of times.
    If you click on that little red icon by the sellers name it bring up the location of their IP address. If its out of Texas just move on. They're scammers.

It helps, but it doesn't always mean they're a scammer. Too many out of state people use the same service and number from where they moved so the ISP will track back to the original location. I've probably done 25 deals with out of state ISPs.

I've also tracked several back to...................yep, king of crooks Nigeria.

The most common practice on TGT and Armslist, is they will ask what city you're located in after they have posted an ad is a specific city. I's almost a dead give away every time. I've had 3 this week.

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    Everything has a Price...I been buying M1 Carbines for years and I know there's people who would like very much to buy this Pistol. I just made a offer on a Really Nice M1 Carbine on that site and if I get Lucky ans It's still there I already have someone here wanting buy my Saiga AK that I bought just because so it's going to make everything so much

The guy just needed Money and when I got back and went to Modern Pawn & Guns to have it checked out and there were no issues when I had it Transfered to my name. I've had other great deals since I started collecting many years ago just like other guys here have gotten. I know there's people here who have probably been Collecting longer than I have gotten great deals. I still have Firearms that I have bought in the early 80's when I started collecting with my Father. Where ever there are Firearms being sold whether it's on a Website or Private Sellers at a Gunshow it's always going to be buyer beware.

What the heck does transferred to your name mean? You paid a transfer fee and did a 4473 unnecessarily?

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Sounds like a good deal for the sales clerk at the shop right? "Oh its you! Yeah no our credit card machine is still busted, but cash is fine just like last time. Here is your form." Pretend to call it in toss form in the shredder and freeeee money.

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    Sounds like a good deal for the sales clerk at the shop right? "Oh its you! Yeah no our credit card machine is still busted, but cash is fine just like last time. Here is your form." Pretend to call it in toss form in the shredder and freeeee money.

Hey now, they gave him a discount on the “gun inspection fee” so it was a good deal ..for the pawnshop.

Top Bottom