• ...and so much more!
  • glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Yes, about 6 months ago. It was a Springfield Armory XDM, the best price I could find. They shipped fast at no charge. That was the only time I've found that they beat grabagun on price.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Yes, about 6 months ago. It was a Springfield Armory XDM, the best price I could find. They shipped fast at no charge. That was the only time I've found that they beat grabagun on price.

Thanks! They just happen to have what I’m looking for and price is a bit lower but then they add a packaging fee.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    I'm certain that the time I got it with no shipping was a fluke and won't happen again, so I go back to grabagun.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Ha! "Packaging fee". Kind of like Ebay, yeah the $10 item is $5 but you have to pay $15 for "shipping".

It's everywhere. Even Brownells charges an extra "fee" on their guns.
    Those extra charges are deceiving, and I won’t do business with any outfit that does this sort of thing. This is no different than hotels with their “resort fee”. Pisses me off so much I’d rather pay $130 per night than $100 per night with $20 resort fee. I actually encountered a new creative fee I’ve never seen before when on vacation last week. Hotel in South Dakota had a “destination charge” that wasn’t part of the advertised price. It only came up when we tried to reserve a room there. Needless to say, we stayed elsewhere. Kind of like a fuel surcharge on freight. I don’t understand why they don’t just call the price for what it is instead of a teaser price upfront with a bunch of crap charges tacked on to the back end. I’m off my tangent now, carry on...

Lonesome Dove

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Sometimes when you gotta go you gotta go.
    Sometimes when you want or need somethin you just gotta pay a bit more.
    In my case I’ve been looking for a particular gun for over a year and a half and this
    place had two one is now
    Mine.

Lonesome Dove

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Bam! Supposed to be actual gun purchased.
    5830485C-3FAF-4395-9793-ABFDFBE22ADA.jpeg

SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    Those extra charges are deceiving, and I won’t do business with any outfit that does this sort of thing. This is no different than hotels with their “resort fee”. Pisses me off so much I’d rather pay $130 per night than $100 per night with $20 resort fee. I actually encountered a new creative fee I’ve never seen before when on vacation last week. Hotel in South Dakota had a “destination charge” that wasn’t part of the advertised price. It only came up when we tried to reserve a room there. Needless to say, we stayed elsewhere. Kind of like a fuel surcharge on freight. I don’t understand why they don’t just call the price for what it is instead of a teaser price upfront with a bunch of crap charges tacked on to the back end. I’m off my tangent now, carry on...

I know this is old, but I just cancelled an order from guns.com when I saw all the junk fees in checkout.

Shipping - Gun(s) $7.99
    Package Protection $5.99
    Tax $36.00
    Firearm Processing $15.99

Non-optional "Package Protection" and "Firearm Processing" aren't disclosed until the last stage of checkout, which means they know they're being shady. Not terribly much , but why hide it? I wonder how much that extra $22 in junk fees on every order adds up at the end of the year.

This proposal by the FTC was meant to go after Ticketmaster, but hopefully it deters this practice generally.

Top Bottom