• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    There is never a good reason to put $150k -$160k worth of firearms and ammo in a public storage facility.
    Enough already.

1656023930875.png
    Military Camp

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Agreed.

OP, if anybody else piles on, hit the report button and I'll delete the post.

I know it's not a rule violation. I know I'm unilaterally abusing my authority. But we're supposed to be friends here and additional scolding of the OP just makes the place more toxic for our brethren.

Please don't do that, folks.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    You might want to read this about the locks. They cut or removed his lock to put their lock on because of so-called "late fees", so they had access to his storage unit at some point, and probably looked into the storage unit to see what was in there..

A few days ago I got an email telling me that late charges are due and I'm locked out of my unit until the charges are paid. I went to the office to take with lardass and she explained it the best she could. So I paid the $134 late charge and their locks came off. Now the only way they could put their lock on the sliding lock is to remove our locks either by cutting or picking. When I went to get something out tonight, our locks were still on the sliding lock, so that means they took off one of our locks to put theirs on. I have no doubt whoever took off the first one also took off our second lock, opened it to see what was in it, saw a gold mine, probably took a couple samples, put theirs on until I came back and paid the bogus late charge, then put our locks back on until they wanted to come rob us.

Sorry, but that doesn't sound unsubstantiated to me, but sure as hell points to the possibility that someone at the storage facility either stole the property, or helped someone steal the property. No, it's not proof, but at least is strong suspicion that the storage facility employees might be involved.

I read it, and if you think the lock he had on his storage unit was any deterrent you are sadly mistaken.

However, I still contend that's no evidence it was an "inside job" as you claim. Such actions take place regularly at storage facilities, and unless you have definitive proof someone at the location was the culprit, it's a false allegation. I doubt any law enforcement agency will take action based on it.

Also, as stated it was likely there was a provision in his agreement that firearms and ammo was prohibited. Their property, their rules.

I empathize with anyone who loses firearms in such a manner, but like leaving them locked in vehicles, we all know there is a substantial risk associated with doing so. Unfortunately, he will be the one who suffers the most from his decision, and it's a helluva hard lesson to learn!

BiggyCat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2022
    Little Elm
    Never trust the storage places, full of complete scum. My father had his things stolen by some couple and found it on Craigslist. He went there and acted normal until he said, "Gee, this sure looks a lot like my bench press that got stolen a week ago and IF I were 5 years younger I'd beat your ass right now but I need someone to load it into my van." Guy loaded all that shit right up and then brought out another bag as he was about to drive away and said "I think this is your's too" and gave him a bag full of his hockey equipment he forgot about.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    benenglish, you are welcome to shut this thread down or remove it entirely. There have been some good comments, but a couple of people seem to have missed their hourly dose of Midol. It's time to stop this.
    I agree. Thank you for being the person to say it.

For everybody else - This is why (sometimes) we can't have nice things. Some folks can't tell the difference between politely and constructively commenting on an error vs. pouring out scorn on a fellow shooter. The first alternative helps us; the second brings us all down.

Thread locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994