• ...and so much more!
  • TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Supposedly SAXET stopped in SA temporarily because the venue owner didnt want to renew the contract. SAXET interwebpagethingy says new venue coming son

jcriswell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lewisville lost its location. Still a big one in Allen about every 4 months.. Big Town 2 times a year... Mesquite Rodeo Arena same, Waxahachie couple times a year.
    The city of Ft. Worth has managed to almost put the "Original FW Gun Show" out of business gouging visitors for Parking - which is blocks away from the show.
    Bottom line is lots of the shows have become a one day store front for dealers catering to preppers, or somebody needing a knife sharpened. Good prices are a thing of the past. You can usually do better at Bud's or on Gun Broker.

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    Lewisville lost its location. Still a big one in Allen about every 4 months.. Big Town 2 times a year... Mesquite Rodeo Arena same, Waxahachie couple times a year.
    The city of Ft. Worth has managed to almost put the "Original FW Gun Show" out of business gouging visitors for Parking - which is blocks away from the show.
    Bottom line is lots of the shows have become a one day store front for dealers catering to preppers, or somebody needing a knife sharpened. Good prices are a thing of the past. You can usually do better at Bud's or on Gun Broker.
    Funny I wrote almost the same thing in a recent gun show post...and the Lewisville version was the best of them to me.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I have done two smaller shows in the last month. One in Cisco (at the very first Hilton Hotel) and one in Ballinger. Cisco had about 30 tables and Ballinger had about 60. Decent turn out and, for me, decent sales at both.

RevolverGuy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    Parker County Sportsman’s Club out near Poolville has a swap meet every few months.

It’s not big, but it’s fun like shows used to be before dealers took them over: a lot of enthusiasts swapping & selling stuff.

madwildcat

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Frisco, TX
    I gave up on gun shows years ago. The local one's (Kerrville, S.A., Fredericksburg,,etc.) had a group of "sellers" that thought their stuff was gold. They had superiority attitudes around here in the smaller towns.
    Isn't that how most sellers at gun shows are? I used to go more for the experience and to look for the random good deal, or if I wanted to buy a bunch of something that avoiding shipping made it worth it (like 50 cal cans).

Top Bottom