Gun shows in DFW area. Allen and Mesquite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texasbiggs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Not familiar with these shows.... Are these worth attending?

Looking to sell and buy... Any comments.....

Thanks,

texasbiggs

qwiksdraw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sachse, TX
    The Mesquite show is returning to Big Town so there ought to be some buzz about it. Mesquite shows by premier Guns Shows shows are usually worth the trip, not too big and not too small.
    Welcome to Premier Gun Shows

The Allen Gun Show is sponsored by the North Texas Gun Club ( North Texas Gun Club, Inc. - Allen Event Center ) , which will probably be a small show since it will be competing with the Mesquite show and the Corsicana show ( DFW – Corsicana Gun Show ).

Go to their websites and you can find out how to get a dollar off your admission or buy tickets.

Last edited:

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    The Allen show is a bit small but it is worth attending. My fiance' and I are going Saturday morning. If I see you there, make me an offer on my SP101. :)

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Of the ones that show in FW "The Original Fort Worth Gun Show" seems to be the best. That is has the most vendors.
    DFW – The Original Fort Worth Gun Show

The others that show there are okay, like the High Caliber, though it seems they don't attract as many vendors.

I second The Original. We've gone there and it is big. That is great for buying and selling, but also means a lot of people and traffic too. Makes for a good Saturday morning, get some lunch at the Stockyards while you're there.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The allen show sucks even when there is no competition. Big Town was always a good show. It is also sold out for vendors.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    The Big Town show is by the guys that do the Original FT Worth show. Big Town used to be done monthly by the folks doing the Allen show. They dropped Big Town because of low vendor sign up which was caused in part by lousy (almost non-existent) air conditioning.

I plan on hitting Big Town Saturday around 10 if not earlier.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    "Best" it appears to be a relative term.

If 'best" means big, then by all means the Original show in FW is best. They routinely open both sides of the entrance foyer now to accommodate all the vendors. All kinds of selection, both new and used gun and accessories. They also have a lot of jewelry, art, luggage, organization, raffles, and survival/jerky vendors. Lots of people and $8 parking along with the $8 entry. And the pricing all seems to be about the same ... odd.

If "best" means deals, then I suggest you find smaller venues within driving distance. Pricing appears closer to pre-december prices (except for ammo). Also, dealers seem more negotiable and willing to offer fair prices for trades and out-right purchases. Selection isn't as great and there are a fair number of non-gun related vendors.

But I've found awesome deals at Tyler, Weatherford and Cleburne gun shows. In Tyler, I picked up a Beretta 12g Extrema with case, chokes, tools, paperwork for under $600. In Weatherford I passed on a 45-70 Savage lever-action stainless with Burris optics and 200 rounds of ammo priced at $650 because I had just purchased a NIB XDs9 for $525. Finally, in Cleburne last weekend, I traded an XDm45 compact and a Sig C3 for a 18" Rock River 556 Advanced tactical with Viper optics.

The most comprehensive gun show list I've found is here ...
    TEXAS GUN SHOWS Uptodate list of gun shows in Texas

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    "The Original Ft Worth Gun Show" = Premier. Great folks who put on excellent shows throughout the state! No kidding, I have never met a group of people so dedicated to pleasing both vendors and attendees. We've gotten to know them over the past year of doing their San Antonio show and we are talking about the creme of the crop, theirs is the absolute best show here in the Alamo City!

texasbiggs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Went to Big Town show on Sat. Lot's of tables and visitors. Thanks to all for your help.

Glad I went.

tbiggs

texagun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    North Texas
    Big Town was a good show. I was surprised. They have refurbished the entire building and the show was much bigger than I had expected. Lots of dealers were there and it looked like all the tables were full. Most of the parking area is now paved, and parking is free. All in all, a very good show and worth the drive. If you get the coupon off their website, admission is only $7.

qwiksdraw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sachse, TX
    I went to both shows this week end. The Allen Event Center show was small. There was a decent selection of vendors with guns, supplies, etc. with no lines and lots of room to move around. It was worth the trip.

The Big Town show was really big and the rennovated facility is nice. There were lots of gun sellers as wellas all the gun related vendors. There were more booths there for reloaders supplies. Ammo prices are down, but still too expensive. One thing I did notice is there were not many people buyng things. Most people leaving the building, or even in the aisles, were not carrying anything. Probably just a lot of looky-lous for the return to Big Town.

For the record, I did buy stuff at both shows, but wasn't looking for another gun.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    I think the Allen show was worse than normal because of the big town show the same weekend. A third less vendors than I am used to seeing there. I would have gone to the big town show, but I saw a real katana sword that I couldn't live without.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    It's a little confusing the way they direct pedestrian flow, but it's an OK show. Most larger shows like this you'll see the same vendors. This one does have some different ones compared to Big Town, Dallas Market Hall, or Fort Worth. Worth it.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I MISSED the Azle TX show today. I told the TX Yank I might show up but got busy with 'stuff'.
    Seattle and A TX Yank were vendors there and I wanted to see the setup they had.

Did anyone see them there???????????????????
    I might try again on Sunday.

bob

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Meh. Show was pretty slow today. I'm guessing it being opening weekend for deer slowed it down. HOPEFULLY, tomorrow will be better. Even for such a small show it was bad. I actually had another vendor tell me "Yeah, I saw yours wasn't selling at that lower price than mine so I didn't even bother marking mine down" referring to gun I had listed for dirt cheap. Yikes. Great knives tables, though, they were selling a few of those.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I got to the Azle gun show. Seattle and A TX Yank were there and I got the guided tour. I saw a 1913 Winchester model 1892 in WCF38 that I ALMOST had to have. $1800 was the turning point in the decision making. I had $400 on me so it was probably a good thing in the long run.

A Brazilian Boito SXS .410 was interesting but a little pricey at over $400.

I guess I did not win the door prize. I filled out the slip of paper but I did NOT get the phone call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A good day for a Sunday Visit!!

bob

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Schnitz
    Top Bottom