• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >

What is the strangest thing you've ever seen at a Gun-Show ?

For me there were the FAKE Rolex watch traders, pocket knives much too gigantic to fit in a pocket, non-functional ammo, and the guy at New Orleans Lakefront who shot himself in the thigh while re-holstering, a PPK, yet.

But, some 15 years ago at a big Gun-Show at Harlingen, a young man came up to me to ask a question. He was tiny, couldn't have been an inch over 5', and was decked-out in RAMBO combat gear. Neatly ironed camo fatigues, little military boots, boonie hat. Was carrying an AR slung over his shoulder, a Beretta in a dropped holster, one of those Jimmy LIles type Rambo daggers, and an absurd number of loaded magazines. If that wasn't strange enough, he was dragging along a very beautiful young girl, looked about 17, less than 5', also in full combat clothing, camo short-shorts. She didn't have body armor like he did, or a discernable weapon. But she was drop-dead beautiful. The entire deal looked like something from a movie.

I wish, I WISH I had snapped a pic.

What have you seen ?

leVieux
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Here are some....

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The 2 stand outs were the Asian dude with all these knives on him & James Drury pimped out as The Virginian!

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    >
    ... the FAKE Rolex watch traders, pocket knives much too gigantic to fit in a pocket, non-functional ammo, and the guy at New Orleans Lakefront who shot himself in the thigh while re-holstering, a PPK, yet...
    ...He was tiny, couldn't have been an inch over 5', and was decked-out in RAMBO combat gear. Neatly ironed camo fatigues, little military boots, boonie hat. Was carrying an AR slung over his shoulder, a Beretta in a dropped holster, one of those Jimmy LIles type Rambo daggers, and an absurd number of loaded magazines. If that wasn't strange enough, he was dragging along a very beautiful young girl, looked about 17, less than 5', also in full combat clothing, camo short-shorts. She didn't have body armor like he did, or a discernable weapon. But she was drop-dead beautiful. The entire deal looked like something from a movie....
    What's weird about any of that?

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    some prick who sells knives made by someone else for exorbitant prices, people trying to hock off an SKS for a 1000 dollars, the usual bullshit.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    most people selling at gunshows are geriatric dudes who think a rusty KAR98AZ is worth 1000 dollars or some shit and its annoying as can be, or you will have some dude with a poverty spec AR or glock trying to sell it with like a 500% mark up.

mountainbull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2020
    montana
    I've setup at 3 gun shows and always sold out my tables by end of a 3 day show.
    I price my items(guns,reloading gear and assorted stuff) at prices I would pay and don't try to make 300% profit.
    I do make a profit on my stuff but I buy it at a price I can to make a reasonable profit.
    I only sell from my personal collection to make room in the safe.
    Some shows ill have 4 or 5 things and others ill have more than a dozen
    I just do it for fun, and hope everyone at the show has fun also.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Hey, ya whippersnapper, I'm a geriatric dude and in the past year, I've 'given away a number of guns' that've been barely shot i.e., damn near new...

To wit: A shot gun I shot twice for a grand total of 5 rounds and 2 different 9mm semi-autos that probably had a total of 200 rounds shot through them. Along with a lot of ammo for the recipients to practice with.

Plus, Both of these semi-auto pistols were top shelf that is S&W and Ruger.

To be fair, my aim doing this wasn't altogether altruistic.

How's that?: Ultimately, I didn't like any of the guns I gave away, but knew they would gladden the heart of the recipients.

I didn't like the shotgun because of the controls. I didn't like one of the semi's because one had a standard type safety and the other had a grip safety. Controls again...

Didn't I know these details before I bought them?

Yes, of course, but I thought I could live with these particulars and it turned out I could...but didn't want to.

Would I take them to a gun show for sale?

No, I'm in a place where loved ones can use my cast offs without me demanding they cough up some moola.

Lucky me and them.

Top Bottom