• ...and so much more!
  • Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    One isle off from the stage.
    Have a crate of 7.62x39 on one end of the table, and a big steel pan full of drills on the other.
    Heading out the door now.
    Guns International

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Alzafar show next weekend.
    icon_smile.gif

Teamed up with longtime buddy to share his table in front hallway
    icon_smile_big.gif

10-96inTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2022
    Cooterville
    Grandson and I went to the gun show in Floresville today after hearing good things about the last one. New Braunfels was also having one this weekend and I was afraid that might hurt this one. I was wrong. It was a pretty good show, probably about 300 tables and a pretty good variety of firearms. I found a NIB Colt Series 70 Gold Cup and the price was not terrible but not great but the dealer would not budge one penny off his $1399 price so I walked. Overall though it was not a bad show.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Grandson and I went to the gun show in Floresville today after hearing good things about the last one. New Braunfels was also having one this weekend and I was afraid that might hurt this one. I was wrong. It was a pretty good show, probably about 300 tables and a pretty good variety of firearms. I found a NIB Colt Series 70 Gold Cup and the price was not terrible but not great but the dealer would not budge one penny off his $1399 price so I walked. Overall though it was not a bad show.
    The same promoter was doing both gunshows and paying the entry fee at one venue got you into both venues. I heard the commercial on the radio all week long on a radio station out of San Antonio.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    MMM, I was thinking of going, have you been to this one before?

Dennis

I've been twice in the past six months. The first time was the first gun show I had been to in about 2-3 years. A couple of work buds and I decided to check it out. We had a good time, and I picked up some PMAGs and a few other items at a decent price. I also got to check out some magnified red dots for my AR pistol, which I ended up buying online (at a much better price).

It's not on the level of the old Premier or event SAXET shows, but I think those days of huge gun shows in San Antonio are long past; but it was fun to mull around and hunt for bargains and other things I don't need!

The second time I went I was by myself. A bud of mine had to cancel at the last minute, but I decided to go in anyway. It was still enjoyable, but I spent less time looking as I had seen everything prior. I did pick up a few old Soviet watches from a guy selling military surplus (a friend of a friend, actually), and I don't recall buying any gun-related items.

It's a decent show, I remember going to them in the past many years ago and enjoying it but it did seem small compared to the 1000+ table shows Premier put on. It's one of those situations where if you have the time and don't mind spending the money to get in ($15), it's worth it. They are open on Friday afternoons from 4-7 in case you are already in the area, but I haven't done that yet.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    FWIW, I have gone to Alzafar the last two times, and New Braunfels the last five times. Alzafar seemed to have fewer tables than NB, but it was roomy since its a larger facility. NB is cheaper to enter ($10 vs A's $15), but you do have a longer drive. I am only buying accessories right now, so I can't comment on firearms prices at one vs the other, but my sense is the sellers are largely similar, with many high prices (relative to internet sellers) particularly among non-dealers, and you can save $50 to $100 if you take the time to price shop across dealers. I tend to buy more accessories at NB, probably because they are a little larger so there are more opportunities. Looking forward to San Marcos in Sep as they are much larger than NB or A (and more expensive and farther away).

Not sure if I will got to Alzafar on Sat or not. Like MMM, I felt like I had "seen it before" the first time. If I was looking for a particular thing (firearm or accessory) I might feel differently, but I am mostly browsing right now.

dennisz

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Pipe Creek, TX (Hill Country)
    Dennis

I've been twice in the past six months. The first time was the first gun show I had been to in about 2-3 years. A couple of work buds and I decided to check it out. We had a good time, and I picked up some PMAGs and a few other items at a decent price. I also got to check out some magnified red dots for my AR pistol, which I ended up buying online (at a much better price).

It's not on the level of the old Premier or event SAXET shows, but I think those days of huge gun shows in San Antonio are long past; but it was fun to mull around and hunt for bargains and other things I don't need!

The second time I went I was by myself. A bud of mine had to cancel at the last minute, but I decided to go in anyway. It was still enjoyable, but I spent less time looking as I had seen everything prior. I did pick up a few old Soviet watches from a guy selling military surplus (a friend of a friend, actually), and I don't recall buying any gun-related items.

It's a decent show, I remember going to them in the past many years ago and enjoying it but it did seem small compared to the 1000+ table shows Premier put on. It's one of those situations where if you have the time and don't mind spending the money to get in ($15), it's worth it. They are open on Friday afternoons from 4-7 in case you are already in the area, but I haven't done that yet.

I’m thinking we’re going on Saturday, maybe see you there.

DaBull, been to the new Braunfels show, wasn’t impressed, parking is bad and to many non-gun vendors.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    I’m thinking we’re going on Saturday, maybe see you there.

DaBull, been to the new Braunfels show, wasn’t impressed, parking is bad and to many non-gun vendors.
    I like to arrive early so at worst, the front lot is full but the side lot is wide open. The one thing I am guaranteed to buy at NB every time is the XXXHot sausage sticks.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    I spent Friday, and Saturday there, but fast food got me Sunday, so stayed home.
    #1 son took over show duties, but only managed to sell a Key-Mod sling swivel.
    Was next to the typical gun show carny-act, that when people got pizzed off at him, walked by me, and the next 3 tables just to get away from him.

I probably won't be doing any more shows for a while, just not worth it. I'll still go to a few, but just not set up, hoping to make table fees.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Didn't make it after all. Too many conflicting events on Saturday, and I told my oldest son if he felt like going on Sunday to wake me up. He decided to sleep in, as did I.

Might try again or the New Braunfels show next month...

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    August 19th is the next show in San Marcos, and is supposed to be a much better show.
    I may drive up there, not to set up, but to take a look see.

10-96inTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2022
    Cooterville
    I went to the Alzafar show on Sunday. It was ok but not great. I think a lot of us got spoiled on the Saxet Marbach show and it will be hard for a new show to get to that level. I did spend a little money and picked up a Gold Cup. Not a bad way to spend a couple of hours on a Sunday. For now, I think the best show in this area is the San Marcos show.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    August 19th is the next show in San Marcos, and is supposed to be a much better show.
    I may drive up there, not to set up, but to take a look see.

If you go, post a report afterward. Wanted to give it a try, but have another commitment that weekend... :p

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I went to the Alzafar show on Sunday. It was ok but not great. I think a lot of us got spoiled on the Saxet Marbach show and it will be hard for a new show to get to that level. I did spend a little money and picked up a Gold Cup. Not a bad way to spend a couple of hours on a Sunday. For now, I think the best show in this area is the San Marcos show.

The Premier gun shows were the...well...premier gun shows in San Antonio! At their height, I think they had 1500 tables at the Freeman Expo Center. It was wild, but unfortunately things have been on the decline ever since Bexar County put so much of a squeeze on them they had to cancel any more events. In talking with Tim and Michelle, they are still looking for a large sized venue in SA but to date no place has been found. With SAXET's demise (their Marbach building became a furniture store) it can be on any side of town (they didn't want to infringe on SAXET's "territory") so if anyone knows of a potential site, let us know!

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Amazon built a new building off I-35 & O'Conner Rd back in '21, and it has been sitting vacant ever since.
    Was supposed to go into operation March of '22, but it never happened.
    Need someone to talk them into making it into a community center (to benefit the area), and donate it.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Amazon built a new building off I-35 & O'Conner Rd back in '21, and it has been sitting vacant ever since.
    Was supposed to go into operation March of '22, but it never happened.
    Need someone to talk them into making it into a community center (to benefit the area), and donate it.

That would be the perfect venue and location!

1691580986010.png

Jc2468

FAL Lover
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 27, 2023
    Canyon Lake, TX
    Went to the last San Marcos show. I thought it was a pretty good show. Lots of tables, great variety of items. But, like most shows now a lot of the prices were insane. If you shopped around you could still find some deals. Mostly on smaller items, accessories, parts, that sort of thing. I still felt like it was worth the trip and the cost. I picked up a few things I thought were good deals and enjoyed a couple of hours looking for guns on my want list.
    Revisiting this thread in lieu of the San Marcos gun show this weekend… So are there lots of tables with magazines and parts? I am on the hunt for FAL parts- NB Gun Show had a lot of parts but San Antonio Gun show was mostly guns

Top Bottom