• ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Went to the Halletsville show about a month or so ago. On Saturday.
    Prices were insane. I thought the prices would be lower there than the big shows in Houston.
    Was I ever wrong.

When I went again the other day, on Sunday, the prices were still high but the dealers were practically begging me make offers on their stuff.
    Didn't buy a thing.
    Military Camp

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Went to the Halletsville show about a month or so ago. On Saturday.
    Prices were insane. I thought the prices would be lower there than the big shows in Houston.
    Was I ever wrong.

When I went again the other day, on Sunday, the prices were still high but the dealers were practically begging me make offers on their stuff.
    Didn't buy a thing.
    How many tables at the Hallettsville show?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Went to the Halletsville show about a month or so ago...

Almost two hours from downtown San Antonio, and 106 miles (there's a lot of construction on IH-10 eastbound, and even more on the weekends).

Again, this is the San Antonio forum, so a show would have to be in a 50-mile radius or less to be viable.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Despite the weather and the threat of even worse weather, my son and I made it to the show.

It didn't seem as big or crowded as it was in December, perhaps being pre-Christmas motivated more vendors and participants to attend.

We did run into DaBull, which is always a pleasant experience!

We ended up walking out empty-handed save some free stickers on vendor was handing out.

While it is probably the largest show within a 100-mile radius of San Antonio, we'll most likely go to the Alzafar Shrine show in the Stone Oak area in the future. It's smaller, but much closer to home and easier on our weekend schedule.

I would encourage those considering attending the San Marcos show to do so! As we've learned, if people don't support these events that won't last. While not perfect, not having the option to go to a gun show is a lot worse than all the negative aspects people tend to focus on (entry fee, ammo prices, non-gun-related vendors, etc.)

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Despite the weather and the threat of even worse weather, my son and I made it to the show.

It didn't seem as big or crowded as it was in December, perhaps being pre-Christmas motivated more vendors and participants to attend.

We did run into DaBull, which is always a pleasant experience!

We ended up walking out empty-handed save some free stickers on vendor was handing out.

While it is probably the largest show within a 100-mile radius of San Antonio, we'll most likely go to the Alzafar Shrine show in the Stone Oak area in the future. It's smaller, but much closer to home and easier on our weekend schedule.

I would encourage those considering attending the San Marcos show to do so! As we've learned, if people don't support these events that won't last. While not perfect, not having the option to go to a gun show is a lot worse than all the negative aspects people tend to focus on (entry fee, ammo prices, non-gun-related vendors, etc.)
    I saw mostly outrageous firearms prices (mostly AK imports such as a MAK-90), but occasionally something very reasonably priced (mostly no-longer popular handguns such as the Shield Plus). Saw plenty of 9mm for $14/box of 50, and you could probably get it for less if you pay cash. There were quite a few accessories and parts tables with great stuff at big discounts (a table with $5 grips, $20 magazines). Only saw one jerky table and it was outside the main room in the hall. I walked out with a few grips and one magazine. I would go back again to hunt the old odd stuff that I didn't realize I needed until I see it.

Top Bottom