Patriot Mobile

Gun Show Thieves Eluded The Lone Guard - Was He Asleep?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    There was a large theft at the gun show held at the Arkansas State Fairgrounds Hall of Industry this past weekend. They say it seemed "well-orchestrated" and that somehow the thieves eluded the lone security guard (my bet would be he was catching some zzzzzz) More here: https://www.fox16.com/news/local-ne...-from-gun-show-at-arkansas-state-fairgrounds/

I am guessing said guard will never guard again but who knows.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    They state the thieves avoided the guard on patrol.
    I imagine the cameras show him patrolling, or not.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Looking at a few pictures of the place, it’s not exactly a small area and has some pretty good size buildings. I doubt it would be all that hard to avoid a single person checking the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    It's Little Rock, what do you expect! LE will slowly collect the guns off the streets.

Reactions: MTA

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    Hopefully, the insurance will NOT pay off due to the lack of security. That is the only thing that will make others invest in some real security.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Hopefully, the insurance will NOT pay off due to the lack of security. That is the only thing that will make others invest in some real security.

Those vendors are out inventory because a venue failed to provide security. Not sure why the vendors who got ripped off need to be screwed some more. Maybe the insurance companies should go after the venue instead to recoup their losses.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Especially if the guard was "incentivized".....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The gun show is in a single building.

Talking to the gun show promoter for the show in Texarkana this past weekend (not the same promoter as for the Little Rock show), he told me some interesting things. Large door (I think roll-up but could be wrong on that) were secured with heavy chains. The chains were supposedly cut to gain access. You'd think that would wake up a sleeping guard (if he was asleep). According to him, about 35 firearms were stolen along with a lot of ammo and whatever else; however, according to a report I saw online - only 18 firearms were stolen. He also said, there were multiple thieves who made entry, selected weapons & ammo to steal, scooped it all up, then departed and loaded the transport/getaway vehicle. All that probably was not something that took a few seconds or couple of minutes to accomplish, nor would it have been silent. They also did not do it while blind due to lack of no light unless they wore night vision devices which is doubtful but possible. He told me some other tidbits but I don't remember what they were, just that the additional things would have made noise, lots of it.

I believe he also mentioned that the state provided security for the Little Rock show because it was held on state property. Someone, in a prior post, in essence, suggested screwing those vendors by not having insurance cover the losses. Well, I suppose insurers not paying would be okay if the vendors could get the state to pay for the losses and maybe that will be the case if it was indeed the state that provided security. As for insurance, I wonder if an insurance company even would consider covering the losses for those making private sales from tables, which would be a good number of vendors at that show. My bet is that unless you had business insurance, you would be screwed as your insurer would clam you were acting as a commercial business and therefore anything like hmeowner's insurance would fall flat. Not sure of that, just wondering.

Last edited:

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Some interesting info in this article that was not in the first ones out: https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2021/jan/06/18-firearms-ammo-taken-by-lr-gun-show-thieves/?latest. It does indicate that the security was supplied by the state but contracted for by the promoter from the state. That the chain on the back door possibly was cut (or was already broken before the theft), that the theft was noisy (rifle parts and and rifle were scattered on the floor of the exhibition hall - you'd think that made noise or at least I'd think so). Something rotten at the Arkansas State Fairgrounds.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom