• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Never been to the Texas Gun Show off Marbach. There is a show Dec 12/13. Is it worth a trip into San Antonio? Comments on this show. I go to the Saxet show regularly.

Texas Gun Shows

Website
    San Antonio Event Center
    8111 Meadow Leaf
    San Antonio, TX 78227
    ARJ Defense ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Wow, TGS is still trying to have a show in that facility? I thought they gave up after SAXET moved there.

I agree with Chris, don't waste your time or money, I have yet to go to a TGS show that was worth it! I've been to several of their shows (the SA one on Evers Road, the SA one on Marbach, Floresville, Live Oak, Austin, etc) and they have all sucked! Plus this is all the problems they had up in Austin, and I still refuse to believe it was all the APD's fault!).

Oh, and last July I had nothing better to do, so I went to their Live Oak show. That was a mistake, as they only had half of the facility (the other half was a computer show) but they still charged full price for entry! I think I was out of there in 15 minutes! Luckily, I had lunch at the Bracken General Store Cafe which made up for the bad experience at the gun show!

I like how they tout "free parking" but then charge two bucks more for entry when there is about 1/10th of the vendors there (if even that!).

The SAXET show at the SA Event Center is probably one of the best in Texas. I know it's got a bad parking situation (easily overcome by arriving an hour before opening, then eating breakfast at one of the nearby restaurants) and gets crowded (but if you go early, you can beat a lot of the mob); but we've drive as far as the Houston show ("the largest in Texas") and even that didn't compare!

I just think SAXET does the best job running these events, even their new show up in Austin last month was tons better than the TGS show!

Cheers! M2

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    +1, not worth attending, wait for the next Saxet show, or if you are in a hurry, the Saxet Austin show is not as big as SA, but way better than the aforementioned one.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    About the only potential good side to this gun show is that the attendance is so low that the vendors may be willing to deal a bit more on any potential sale.

Then again, for the same reason they may not!

And since most of the same sellers are at the SAXET show (as well as a lot more), I would recommend waiting for it as well...

Top Bottom