Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!

twptommy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2015
    There really isn't a "best" one as there is only one...

There is a Premier Gun Show in New Braunfels, which is an hour or so from Floresville; but it's not much bigger...

How does it compare to their Floresville show? Didn't want to wait till the New Braunfels June show.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    How does it compare to their Floresville show? Didn't want to wait till the New Braunfels June show.

I have only been to one gun show at the Floresville Event Center (and it was over ten years ago, if not longer! I believe it had just opened not long beforehand), but I would presume the New Braunfels show would be better even with comparable venues as it would have vendors and customers coming from both San Antonio and Austin.

Floresville most likely would have folks from there, Pleasanton and Jourdanton which may not draw the vendors the New Braunfels show would.

The bigger question is whether it is worth the one-hour drive for you to try the New Braunfels show!

My recommendation would be, unless you have an urgent need to attend one, then wait until the 1 April show that's close to you; and if it doesn't meet your needs and expectations, then make the drive the New Braunfels on 17 June.

Texas Gun Shows does have an event in Live Oak on 18-19 March, but the Live Oak Hilton Garden Inn does not seem like a large venue and my past experiences with gun shows in Live Oak has been less than encouraging! Below is a pic of their conference room...

1678709109704.png

They have another show at the San Antonio Alzafar Shrine Auditorium 18-19 April, which would be the one I would be most tempted to attend. It's an hour from Floresville, but we went to their last show, and it was't too bad!

twptommy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2015
    I have only been to one gun show at the Floresville Event Center (and it was over ten years ago, if not longer! I believe it had just opened not long beforehand), but I would presume the New Braunfels show would be better even with comparable venues as it would have vendors and customers coming from both San Antonio and Austin.

Floresville most likely would have folks from there, Pleasanton and Jourdanton which may not draw the vendors the New Braunfels show would.

The bigger question is whether it is worth the one-hour drive for you to try the New Braunfels show!

My recommendation would be, unless you have an urgent need to attend one, then wait until the 1 April show that's close to you; and if it doesn't meet your needs and expectations, then make the drive the New Braunfels on 17 June.

Texas Gun Shows does have an event in Live Oak on 18-19 March, but the Live Oak Hilton Garden Inn does not seem like a large venue and my past experiences with gun shows in Live Oak has been less than encouraging! Below is a pic of their conference room...

View attachment 377398

They have another show at the San Antonio Alzafar Shrine Auditorium 18-19 April, which would be the one I would be most tempted to attend. It's an hour from Floresville, but we went to their last show, and it was't too bad!
    Thank you, I will try both the Floresville and also put the New Braunsfel down as well.

kmcn762

That guy with the milsurps
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2021
    Pflugerville
    New Braunfels is a decent size. The one they had in San Marcos a month or so ago was a good one.

I'll probably head down there to check out the Gonzalez one too for fun.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    From Premier Gun Shows...

Come see us at the NEW Floresville Gun Show THIS weekend, April 1st & 2nd! The show is at the Floresville Event Center, 600 SH 97 West. Hundreds of tables of Guns, Knives, Ammo, & Shooting Supplies! Show hours are Saturday 9-5 and Sunday 10-4. Admission is $10, Kids 11 and under are FREE and parking is FREE! You don’t want to miss this show!

TO ENTER THESE PRIVATE EVENTS:

You Must Be Age 21 Or Above. Under 21 Must Be With A Parent Or Guardian. Any Profanity On Clothing Must Be Removed, Turned Inside Out Or Covered So It Is Not Visible. The Gun Show is a family event. Appropriate dress/clothing is required.

WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ENTRY TO ANYONE

Top Bottom