• ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    What are some interesting gun shops in SA?
    Nagel’s
    Adelbridge
    Druy’s
    Bracken
    Armed in America
    Buck&Doe
    Gun Shack - Helotes
    Ranger on Austin Hwy

Any others worth trolling?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I don't frequent gun shops as much as I used to, but the two most local to me (Gun Shack and Helotes Tactical) are both highly recommended.

As for Nagel's, they cleaned their San Pedro store up a lot which helped tremendously. It previously was cramped, dark and dingy. If you do stop by, I highly recommend trying The Dogfather next to it for some tasty hot dogs!

Adelbridge & Co. is modern and has a large selection, but is also very proud of their items for sale. Prices are ridiculous, even more than gun shows; but there is a great selection of firearms and accessories if you have deep pockets.

I don't get to Dury's on Hot Well much as it's on the complete opposite side of town from me, and San Antonio is a large place with a lot of traffic and road construction. I haven't been to their newer Loop 410 location but I pass by it going to drill all the time.

Bracken, Buck&Doe and Armed in America are the same as Dury's, too far out to make the trip. Buck&Doe is not a large store so it's not really worth the effort when I have better and bigger gun shops nearby! I've not been to the other two nor have I been to Ranger's, but if you go by there the L&L Hawaiian BBQ is a pretty good place to eat if you're not willing to go downtown to Maui Mike's for some Loco Moco!

Also don't forget about Nardis and Mission Ridge! While primarily ranges, they do have some guns and accessories for sale!

Otherwise, the usual Academy is one of the better sources for guns, ammo and other necessities in the area!

I've found most chain pawn shops to be very hit or miss (more on the 'miss' side!), but the independent ones can ocassionally have a rare gem in them!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Dury is on 410, just east of the airport now.

They have two locations...

1726681892289.png

AlteisenMkII

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2022
    San Antonio,TX
    I don't frequent gun shops as much as I used to, but the two most local to me (Gun Shack and Helotes Tactical) are both highly recommended.

As for Nagel's, they cleaned their San Pedro store up a lot which helped tremendously. It previously was cramped, dark and dingy. If you do stop by, I highly recommend trying The Dogfather next to it for some tasty hot dogs!

Adelbridge & Co. is modern and has a large selection, but is also very proud of their items for sale. Prices are ridiculous, even more than gun shows; but there is a great selection of firearms and accessories if you have deep pockets.

I don't get to Dury's on Hot Well much as it's on the complete opposite side of town from me, and San Antonio is a large place with a lot of traffic and road construction. I haven't been to their newer Loop 410 location but I pass by it going to drill all the time.

Bracken, Buck&Doe and Armed in America are the same as Dury's, too far out to make the trip. Buck&Doe is not a large store so it's not really worth the effort when I have better and bigger gun shops nearby! I've not been to the other two nor have I been to Ranger's, but if you go by there the L&L Hawaiian BBQ is a pretty good place to eat if you're not willing to go downtown to Maui Mike's for some Loco Moco!

Also don't forget about Nardis and Mission Ridge! While primarily ranges, they do have some guns and accessories for sale!

Otherwise, the usual Academy is one of the better sources for guns, ammo and other necessities in the area!

I've found most chain pawn shops to be very hit or miss (more on the 'miss' side!), but the independent ones can ocassionally have a rare gem in them!
    This is true. I usually go to Adelbridge or Nagels for ammo or magazines. Ranger was the only place that had a P225A1 magazines. They had a Firestar the last time went there.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I remember years ago that a member who worked at a San Antonio gun shop used to post here fairly often. Her brother owned the gun shop but I can't remember the member's name or the gun shop's name.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I like Dury’s. One nice thing about them is they list guns for sale on GunBroker and if you win one you can save the shipping fee by picking up at the store - I believe it is generally the Hot Wells location that has the GB guns.

tinplas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2017
    San Antonio
    I remember years ago that a member who worked at a San Antonio gun shop used to post here fairly often. Her brother owned the gun shop but I can't remember the member's name or the gun shop's name.
    I believe it was Modern Elite Firearms. I used them for a transfer once. Not much inventory at that time, but good people to work with.

Top Bottom