• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sz20DF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2013
    Houston
    Does anyone know what's really going on at Collectors on Westheimer? They've been closed since last week for "Spring Cleaning".

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Maybe a visit from the Revenuers?
    1652723143100.png

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Maybe a visit from the Revenuers?
    View attachment 320042
    The Revenuers haven't been involved in firearms enforcement for a long, long time. Even tax stamps, which used to be processed through the IRS because they're, you know, tax stamps, haven't gone through those channels in at least a couple of decades.

My first thought was that they might need some time to re-arrange the store. After all, when the NRAAM was originally coming to Houston, they were supposed to host at least one large panel event which would require a stage and room for an audience. Depending on how much work there is to do, maybe they need a lot of lead time to prepare. Moving display cases can't be easy and the NRAAM will be here in less than two weeks.

OTOH, I haven't heard anyone announce that they're putting on an event at that location. The event that was cancelled was a panel discussion to be headed up by the folks at The Gun Collective.

Anybody know anything about that angle?

Or, probably more to the point -
    What did they say when you called?

Chaparral

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    30N 95W
    When I dropped by a couple of weeks ago, the security guard outside said that they were “closed to take inventory”. There were a lot of cars in the parking lot - from employees, I guess. Based on this, and the time they have been closed, my guess is that they are trying to reconcile their physical inventory with their records. I hope they are able to reopen soon - it is a great store

Last edited:

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The Revenuers haven't been involved in firearms enforcement for a long, long time. Even tax stamps, which used to be processed through the IRS because they're, you know, tax stamps, haven't gone through those channels in at least a couple of decades.
    In parts of the country, they're still referred to as Revenuers, despite being under Justice instead of Internal Revenue.

B. Wright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2022
    Cypress
    I haven’t been there before. I’ll need to check them out when they open back up.

(After looking at the date on this thread I assume they are opened up again!)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom