• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Mckinney Texas
    I was wondering if anyone knew about any Gun ranges in the North Texas area (Mckinney, Plano, Frisco, Shrweman etc..) that allow .50 Cals... I'm about to purchase "The Beowulf .50 cal" but I'm not sure what ranges if any will allow it. I'm currently stationed in Louisiana and have a "primary" range to go to. But I'm in the Mckinney area pretty often visiting family and would like to take my dad and brother out every now and then. Any input on the subject will be greatly appreciated, thank you.
    Capitol Armory ad

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    If you do call around to ask, be sure to specify that it is a .50 Beowulf. Most of the ranges say no .50s specifically to keep out the .50 BMGs.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    McKinney, TX
    Dirty -

There's a big power difference between a .50 Beowulf and a .50 cal! The Beowulf fps is only 1850 - 2000 fps, so any rifle rated range should be able to accept that round.

The TripleM Indoor Range will be opening in January 2012 in McKinney. We're building eighteen 25-yard, rifle rated lanes that will easily support your .50 Beowulf habit - so you can stop in and give us a try!

You can find more information on us at:
    TripleMRange.com
    or on FaceBook: TripleM Indoor Range

Thanks, Dean
    TripleM Indoor Range

fpitch52

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    McKinney
    Try either Elm Fork in Dallas or Top Gun in Leonard (30 minutes north of McKinney). Make sure you tell them it is a Beowulf .50 so they don't think you are shooting a .50 BMG. In case they aren't familiar with it you might need to explain to them it is similar to a 0.500 S&W Magnum pistol cartridge and has the kinetic energy similar to that of a 30-06 (2300 to 3000 ft-lbs) vs the 13,000 to 14,000 ft-lbs of a 0.50 BMG.

Elm Fork 972-556-0164

Top Gun 214.799.3357

Top Bottom