• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 630skirmish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2022
    Irving Texas
    I'm looking for a place to go shooting where you can rent out a larger lane, set up targets and move around while shooting.

oddly enough in California we had BLM land (not that BLM) and you could do whatever you wanted out there with in reason. Havent found anything similar for free in Texas since all the land is private.

Is there anything like what I am describing? Maybe the areas are surrounded by tires or dirt piles to keep it safe. It would be nice to draw from holster and practice things you cant at a conventional range/.
    DK Firearms

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Most of it was sold to pay debts in about 1845, I think.

Close. When joining the Union, the US gave a lowball offer trading debt assumption for land. The Republic countered with a thanks, but no thanks letter and retained possession of 225 million acres of land, unlike every state that joined the Union after Texas.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    I was thinking of this

693FA4F2-0811-48AF-9CDF-9BC8D9E87264.png

4GodnCountry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Frisco
    How does one go about finding out private ranges? Are the private ranges more affordable? I'm really wanting to shoot at an outdoor setting with some amount of freedom at fairly affordable fee...

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'm looking for a place to go shooting where you can rent out a larger lane, set up targets and move around while shooting.

oddly enough in California we had BLM land (not that BLM) and you could do whatever you wanted out there with in reason. Havent found anything similar for free in Texas since all the land is private.

Is there anything like what I am describing? Maybe the areas are surrounded by tires or dirt piles to keep it safe. It would be nice to draw from holster and practice things you cant at a conventional range/.
    MOST OF US TEXANS ARE PRETTY PROUD THAT MOST OF THE LAND IN TEXAS IS PRIVATELY OWNED GOTTA PAY TO PLAY IN TEXAS! YOU COULD ALWAYS GO BACK TO CALIFORNIA!

4GodnCountry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Frisco
    MOST OF US TEXANS ARE PRETTY PROUD THAT MOST OF THE LAND IN TEXAS IS PRIVATELY OWNED GOTTA PAY TO PLAY IN TEXAS! YOU COULD ALWAYS GO BACK TO CALIFORNIA!
    I call Texas my home and proud of it and I'm glad Texas did things differently. Have no problem paying the private gun range owners to shoot. I just want to know how I can find more of these private ranges not super far from me that I can be a member and belong to. I'm just a type to weigh all the options.

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Try Dallas Pistol Club
    You can try out any of the available matches without being a member.

+2 for DPC! A buddy of mine is a member, I've gone out there during the week to shoot with him...it's essentially "your" range during the week...they have metal targets, resettable metal targets, etc. It's a very nice place to shoot. No full auto or rifle though.

jwales

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2020
    DFW
    +2 for DPC! A buddy of mine is a member, I've gone out there during the week to shoot with him...it's essentially "your" range during the week...they have metal targets, resettable metal targets, etc. It's a very nice place to shoot. No full auto or rifle though.
    Here's a map to lots of ranges with competitions...I'm assuming most are private ranges. It's a place to start.

Texas Ranges with Practical Pistol Matches

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I call Texas my home and proud of it and I'm glad Texas did things differently. Have no problem paying the private gun range owners to shoot. I just want to know how I can find more of these private ranges not super far from me that I can be a member and belong to. I'm just a type to weigh all the options.
    DO WHAT LOTS F PEOPLE DO BUY SOME LANDIN A RURAL ARE AND GO SHOOTING

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    DO WHAT LOTS F PEOPLE DO BUY SOME LANDIN A RURAL ARE AND GO SHOOTING
    I did that already although with one of them I got bought out as the deal was to good to pass up their generous offer for one of my properties in Plum Grove. I still have my joint property in Lytle and Floresville.

Top Bottom