• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    i was reading one of the new introduction thread ( new gun owner... almost ) and he was saying that they would not let him take his gun home till he changed his address on his license and i though back to the last few guns i bought and my address hasnt been valid since 04. i didnt lie to them i told them that my address wasnt current they just asked what my current address was before they ran my banana colored form, then i just walked out with my new purchase. does this seem odd to anyone?

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    no not completely odd. The address has to match up. My neighbor had the same problem when he bought his first pistol, although there may , may be some discretion allowed on behalf of FFL.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    You need to provide govt. issued ID showing residence address:

Form4473-ID.jpg

res1b3uq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    I had to change my res. address because of 911 changes. I changed my CHL, but had not changed my Driver license. I had a gun shipped to an FFL, and I had to go to the DPS office and get my Driver license changed before he would allow me to pick up my pistol

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Yep, your DL is not valid when you do not update the address. There is a grace period for things like traffic violations, etc. but for firearm sales the DL has to be valid.

We've had people get uppity when we wouldn't sell a gun to them because they only had their CHL. They don't understand that a CHL is not a valid state ID, it's a permit to carry and is proof of ownership eligibility, and nothing else.

We usually let people borrow our computer or send them to Kinko's to update their stuff online.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I got ticketed once for failure to notify DPS of an address change. Changed it and judge threw it out, now I'm a bit faster on that one

Top Bottom