• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan79423

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2021
    Flatlands
    On the ATF site they say the form will change on Feb 1, 2023. As I read it the sale or transfer pf a private made firearm now will require a serial number issued by the FFL and registration like SBR.

Second the sale of a firearm to a person under 21 will require a 10 day waiting period to check the juvenile records.

One statement I did not understand was about immigrants purchases. How the flip can they check on a immigrant's record.
    Another change was that you still have keep records of forms for life of business but after 30 years you can store them off site.

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    How many dealers will take in a ghost gun? Between you and me no serial number and no 4473. Interesting that once you turn 21 no matter how badass you were before it doesn't matter? And the immigrants???

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    Second the sale of a firearm to a person under 21 will require a 10 day waiting period to check the juvenile records.
    Every State handles juvenile records differently, so that'll be a CF. IMO - If you are old enough to serve, old enough to be charged as an adult, old enough to enter into a legal binding contract, then you are certainly old enough to drink and buy a firearm.

Regarding the SNs, some older firearms (especially 22's) don't have them as they were made before it was mandatory.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    atf is the scum of scum......take an oath to protect and defend the natural rights documented in the constitutuion of the States, spend a career doing all one can to shred it.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    On the ATF site they say the form will change on Feb 1, 2023. As I read it the sale or transfer pf a private made firearm now will require a serial number issued by the FFL and registration like SBR.

Yes, if an FFL takes in a non serialized gun, they will need to put a SN on it. This is likely result in FFLs never seeing a non-serialized gun ever again.

Non-FFLs can still buy/sale them as in the past.

AlteisenMkII

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2022
    San Antonio,TX
    Didn't they place ammo sales on the new 4473 form? I think thats some more backdoor registration.

I wonder if the form can be sent back to be reviewed. If they put all that energy on prioritizing the economy and helping out with such instances in Ohio instead of infringing on our rights.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Yes, if an FFL takes in a non serialized gun, they will need to put a SN on it. This is likely result in FFLs never seeing a non-serialized gun ever again.

Non-FFLs can still buy/sale them as in the past.

Don't spread shit.

Questions 1-6. Firearm(s) Description: These blocks must be completed with the firearm(s) information. All firearms manufactured or made after 1968 by Federal firearms licensees should be marked with a licensee’s serial number. Should you acquire a firearm that is legally not marked with a serial number (i.e., certain pre-1968 firearms); you may answer question 3 with “NSN” (No Serial Number), “N/A” or “None.Unless already properly marked by another licensee, licensees who take a privately made firearm (PMF) into inventory are required to mark the PMF with an individual serial number that begins with the FFL’s abbreviated license number, which is the first three and last five digits, as a prefix to a unique identification number, followed by a hyphen, e.g., 12345678-unique identification number.

Pre 1968 firearms don't require a serial number and don't require one to be transferred.

Only privately made, aka Ghost guns, require a serial number to be transferred.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Don't spread shit.

Questions 1-6. Firearm(s) Description: These blocks must be completed with the firearm(s) information. All firearms manufactured or made after 1968 by Federal firearms licensees should be marked with a licensee’s serial number. Should you acquire a firearm that is legally not marked with a serial number (i.e., certain pre-1968 firearms); you may answer question 3 with “NSN” (No Serial Number), “N/A” or “None.Unless already properly marked by another licensee, licensees who take a privately made firearm (PMF) into inventory are required to mark the PMF with an individual serial number that begins with the FFL’s abbreviated license number, which is the first three and last five digits, as a prefix to a unique identification number, followed by a hyphen, e.g., 12345678-unique identification number.

Pre 1968 firearms don't require a serial number and don't require one to be transferred.

Only privately made, aka Ghost guns, require a serial number to be transferred.

Reading comprehension + context, how does it work and how come you do not have any?

Answer was in response to this:

NOWHERE did I or Texan79423 mention pre-68 firearms.

Texan79423

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2021
    Flatlands
    I wondered about pre 68 guns and assume that they would not require stamping a serial number on them. Thanks for pointing out that in print. You the MAN!

MountainGirl

Never underestimate the abilities of an old woman.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    atf is the scum of scum......take an oath to protect and defend the natural rights documented in the constitution of the States, spend a career doing all one can to shred it.
    tgt106.jpg

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Reading comprehension + context, how does it work and how come you do not have any?

Answer was in response to this:

NOWHERE did I or Texan79423 mention pre-68 firearms.
    A private sale of a personally build firearm doesn't require serialization of the firearm. If you sell it to or pass it through an FFL it will need to be serialized. You don't have to Form 1 or Form 4 it. You don't have to pay $200, like an SBR.

I could take any of my pre-68 firearms without serial numbers and sell them to an FFL, they don't have to put serial numbers on them.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman

One statement I did not understand was about immigrants purchases. How the flip can they check on a immigrant's record.
    Another change was that you still have keep records of forms for life of business but after 30 years you can store them off site.

What exactly do you mean by registration like an SBR? Do you have to file a Form 1 or Form 4? Do you have to pay $200?
    Both of those are required to register an SBR.

Top Bottom