• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmitch300wby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    San Antonio
    Hopefully this hasn't been started before. I am looking for the best place in Texas to find gun powder. I'm hoping to find something local in San Antone but also trying to avoid the big brand stores if possible. Not worried about price, because it's all expensive. Thanks in advance.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Cabela’s / Bass Pro is a good start they are much if any higher than the others.

What are you looking for?

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Look on-line at Academy, they will tell you is there is any in San Antonio, and which store it's at.
    They had Titegroup when I needed some.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Alliant sent a letter to vendors months ago indefinitely suspending production. Bunch of people saw it on powder valley FB page or website. All thought it was a hoax then a guy got a response from PV saying it was true. So what's out there is all that will be available for unknown timeline. It's rumoured that the larger company they're owned by wants to sell off the line.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    Hopefully this hasn't been started before. I am looking for the best place in Texas to find gun powder. I'm hoping to find something local in San Antone but also trying to avoid the big brand stores if possible. Not worried about price, because it's all expensive. Thanks in advance.
    Your showin up a little late to the campfire. Alliant is not shipping any powder to retail outlets. Nitrocellulose is in short supply. Substantial decreases in production/availability with the corresponding increase in price. If you count out the big box stores from your search you are going to learn to be disappointed. Graf and Sons, Midsouth Reloading, Powder Valley, Midway, and the big box boys have the biggest buying power. Always check out your LGS first, then start shopping.

Shooter74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2014
    Bass Pro usually has different powders available in San Antonio, and at lower prices than Academy. Bass Pro also offers a small discount for military/first responders. And lastly you can have it shipped to the store if ordered online.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Txmark

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Mustang Ridge
    Another vote for Trainer Hale in Marion. Also check out Cedar Ridge gun range/ aka Ferris Firearms in Bulverde, they also stock bullets and primers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Bexar Community Shooting Range in Marion.
    They usually has a good selection, but it’s been a while since I’ve checked.

EDIT: Bexar Community Shooting Range and Trainer Hale Supply are essentially two names for the same place.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom