• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dude1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2021
    Texas
    Looking for a light to mount onto a .22 for night rodent hunting. What’s the brightest, tuffest light y’all have found?
    Thanks!!!
    Lynx Defense

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Looking for a light to mount onto a .22 for night rodent hunting. What’s the brightest, tuffest light y’all have found?
    Thanks!!!
    How far are you shooting, and what kind of rodents? Streamlight has a few good options depending on what you're looking for.

That's a green beam, for night hunting purposes.

If you want white light you have more options:

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Cloud defensive.

I'm partial to the OWL, but the REIN is a tiny bit more flexible.

Buy a cheap chinese weapon light, send ot to them and they'll give you $100 off, or wait for a moonshine sale

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    An important part of a weapon light is how "warm" or "cold" the light is, you want a nice warm light as it will cut through rain, and fog better, and gives better color attenuation (which can be used to help spot camouflaged things). Cloud has a nice warm beam (the OWL is very warm, my micro REIN is slightly less so)

I had a surefire M600DF that was very warm, easily on par with the OWL.

Surefire rifle lights, and Cloud can easily illuminate things past 100 yards

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    An important part of a weapon light is how "warm" or "cold" the light is, you want a nice warm light as it will cut through rain, and fog better, and gives better color attenuation (which can be used to help spot camouflaged things). Cloud has a nice warm beam (the OWL is very warm, my micro REIN is slightly less so)

I had a surefire M600DF that was very warm, easily on par with the OWL.

Surefire rifle lights, and Cloud can easily illuminate things past 100 yards

You bring up a very good point - a lot of light's lumen output gets wasted in lights that are too cold - you just don't get good color definition and throw from them. The early LED flash lights really suffered from this problem. I hung onto my incan lights for quite a while after LEDs started becoming main stream because of this.

Top Bottom