Military Camp

Gun laws in Bexar county and Wilson county in a subdivision.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

PMRoses

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2022
    Adkins Tx
    I live in a rural area outside the city limit of San Antonio. It is a subdivision called Home Place and we all have deed restrictions. Property ranges from 1 acre to 7 Acres. I live on 4 acres. This subdivision has two counties, Bexar and Wilson county. The deed explicitly says you cannot discharge a firearm on property In both counties because we all have the same deed. We do have adjacent farm land around us that is not part of the subdivision. My understanding is even at that you cannot shoot aiming in the direction of homes, buildings etc. Recently since people have moved into this subdivision from other states they think they can do what they want and that’s not so. There is shooting going on and you could hear it whiz by ending in an echo. Then another neighbor heard 5 shots and 2 whizzed by the garage that you can hear it. It’s getting ridiculous. My grand kids were outside and they were even scared to death Because they heard it. I know discharging firearms cannot be towards anything crossing property lines but apparently they don’t care. I am not against guns but I am all for gun safety which is not happening. I own guns and have never shot them other than on a gun range. I’m at the point calling game wardens every time it happens. And how can you find out who they are?
    Venture Surplus ad

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    There are no restrictions on direction, as any direction is toward a property line.

But as @Axxe55 says, you cannot discharge across property lines. If at all possible document it with cellphone audio, and multiple witnesses before calling GW. There are also laws on how much property you need to shoot guns, and how far away you have be from homes.

I had this problem once, and while I could not document property line violations, I was able to document they were too close to my house when they were shooting, and in this case it does not matter what direction.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I have been around guns since I was 6 years old. Been shot at too.
    I have never heard a bullet "whiz" or a "wiz echo".
    Unless I could see where a bullet came from and where it landed, or a vapor trail from the right angle, I can't tell what path it's taking either.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

PMRoses

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2022
    Adkins Tx
    I have been around guns since I was 6 years old. Been shot at too.
    I have never heard a bullet "whiz" or a "wiz echo".
    Unless I could see where a bullet came from and where it landed, or a vapor trail from the right angle, I can't tell what path it's taking either.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Well it sure did! You could hear the discharge in the direction it came from them an echo followed in our direction.

PMRoses

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2022
    Adkins Tx
    Welcome to TGT.

Call the county sheriff's office and file a complaint. IF bullets are crossing property lines without permission of the property owner, that is a criminal act.

With there being deed restrictions, I'm assuming an HOA is involved, if so, make a complaint with them as well.
    We have no HOA only deed restrictions.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I live in a rural area outside the city limit of San Antonio. It is a subdivision called Home Place and we all have deed restrictions. Property ranges from 1 acre to 7 Acres. I live on 4 acres. This subdivision has two counties, Bexar and Wilson county. The deed explicitly says you cannot discharge a firearm on property In both counties because we all have the same deed. We do have adjacent farm land around us that is not part of the subdivision. My understanding is even at that you cannot shoot aiming in the direction of homes, buildings etc. Recently since people have moved into this subdivision from other states they think they can do what they want and that’s not so. There is shooting going on and you could hear it whiz by ending in an echo. Then another neighbor heard 5 shots and 2 whizzed by the garage that you can hear it. It’s getting ridiculous. My grand kids were outside and they were even scared to death Because they heard it. I know discharging firearms cannot be towards anything crossing property lines but apparently they don’t care. I am not against guns but I am all for gun safety which is not happening. I own guns and have never shot them other than on a gun range. I’m at the point calling game wardens every time it happens. And how can you find out who they are?
    Welcome to the forum. You need to record it then call the sheriffs to report deadly conduct and disorderly.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Deed restrictions are a civil matter and that ain’t what cops do.
    Not if you have projectiles flying onto other properties and folks generally being unsafe and it sounds like all these things are happening near and in directions of a dwelling they don’t occupy. Deed restrictions do not protect criminal acts.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Well it sure did! You could hear the discharge in the direction it came from them an echo followed in our direction.

I have bodycam video where you can hear a bullet whiz by the head of one of the cops who responded to my wife’s shooting. They heard where the shots came from so they were able to locate the shooter and do absolutely nothing to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Not if you have projectiles flying onto other properties and folks generally being unsafe and it sounds like all these things are happening near and in directions of a dwelling they don’t occupy. Deed restrictions do not protect criminal acts.

So, gotta prove it. Show me a projectile and then trace it back to the firearm that was used and then witnesses to corroborate all that shit since we’re playing guessing games here.

True but I’m still calling game wardens and sheriffs. One thing you don’t want to do is piss off a Mom and Grandmother!
    No skin off my back, I’ve done it plenty of times. as a matter of fact, I pissed off my mother in law who by definition is a mother and by fact is also a grandmother good enough about 14 years ago that she still won’t talk to me or my wife and we’re better off for it.

I’ve been shot at in combat, I’ll just say you don’t here a bullet ‘whizz by’. Nobody I know who’s been shot heard the round that hit them. So unless you’ve got cold hard evidence to convince the court system, all you’ve got is loud noises and neighbors you don’t like. Sucks, but it is what it is.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ….and it sounds like all these things are happening...

And therein lies the problem. It sounds like the OP’s version of event’s. Hearsay.

We have a long-time member and site sponsor hear that built a fully enclosed range on his 10+ acre property here in Bexar County that is not within line of sight of any other dwelling on or off his property. Neighbor called BCSO twice. First time BCSO said “sorry to have bothered you” second time BCSO tried to create a criminal act when none had occurred. He’s written about the escapades here on a couple of occasions.

Now this member has been advised that all the neighbor really has to do is break a window and claim it was from his shooting and it’ll turn this guy’s life upside down on a witch hunt.

PMRoses

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2022
    Adkins Tx
    So, gotta prove it. Show me a projectile and then trace it back to the firearm that was used and then witnesses to corroborate all that shit since we’re playing guessing games here.

No skin off my back, I’ve done it plenty of times. as a matter of fact, I pissed off my mother in law who by definition is a mother and by fact is also a grandmother good enough about 14 years ago that she still won’t talk to me or my wife and we’re better off for it.

I’ve been shot at in combat, I’ll just say you don’t here a bullet ‘whizz by’. Nobody I know who’s been shot heard the round that hit them. So unless you’ve got cold hard evidence to convince the court system, all you’ve got is loud noises and neighbors you don’t like. Sucks, but it is what it is.
    Don’t you think different guns have different effects, eh?? I bet your in law is more better off too because all I hear in here from you is very argumentive replies of prove it, prove it!! I’m not here for that! I wanted constructive help not a person whose going to argue. I can just tell by your replies the type of person you are! Argumentive, narcistic that you know more than anyone! So just please be nice and if you can’t just buzz off.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom