Texas SOT

Gun Laws, Guns and Murder Rates By Nation!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Here's some of my own research compiled from various Internet sources including gun control advocate statistics.

I read two interesting articles this morning. One referred to Uganda being a "Gun Control Paradise" which was surprising as they searched homes, confiscated guns and destroyed them. This is a paradise, right?

Uganda offers a 'gun control' paradise - National gun rights | Examiner.com

A bit later, I read an article about the "10 Countries Where People Fear For Their Safety" and guess what? Uganda is #9 on that list! WTF!

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/10...ear-for-their-safety-2013-05-19?siteid=yhoof2

I decided to do some research of my own. For the sake of brevity, I'll refrain from listing sources as this information was pulled from many sites and it is not a scientific study. Statistics shown varied from 2009 to 2011.

Research it yourself. In posting this, I would like you to see how this campaign of total BS has been carried out on our citizens.

I also pulled in some statistics about how corrupt each government is perceived to be from Transparency International. Here's their explanation:

The Corruption Perceptions Index ranks countries and territories based on how corrupt their public sector is perceived to be. A country or territory’s score indicates the perceived level of public sector corruption on a scale of 0 - 100, where 0 means that a country is perceived as highly corrupt and 100 means it is perceived as very clean. A country's rank indicates its position relative to the other countries and territories included in the index.

==============================================================

Here Are The Results of Piecing All Of This Data Together:

Based Upon: "10 Countries Where People Fear For their Safety"

Nation: Bolivia
    Ranking On this List- #10 (lowest perceived fear out of the 10 nations)
    Government Corruption Index- 77.5
    Law Summary- Records kept of guns and ammo sold.
    Privately owned guns per 100 people- 2.5
    Homicide rate any from any cause per 100K population- 8.9

Nation: Uganda
    Ranking On this List- #9
    Government Corruption Index- 83.0
    Law Summary- Severe. Ownership by license only. Licenses renew yearly. One gun per license.
    Privately owned guns per 100 people- 1.4
    Homicide rate any from any cause per 100K population- 8.25

Nation: Afghanistan
    Ranking On this List- #8
    Government Corruption Index- 65.9
    Law Summary- Firearms license with training and test. Open carry permitted.
    Privately owned guns per 100 people- 4.4
    Homicide rate any from any cause per 100K population- 2.4 (I do not accept this data. It is foolishly low.)

Nation: Madagascar
    Ranking On this List- #7
    Government Corruption Index-88.8
    Law Summary- Transfer, ownership and possession of guns & ammo only by license. Knives regulated, too.
    Privately owned guns per 100 people- .8 (.8 ......less than 1)
    Homicide rate any from any cause per 100K population- 8.1

Nation: Dominican Republic
    Ranking On this List- #6
    Government Corruption Index- 74.6
    Law Summary- Only by license. License renews every year. Must re-qualify and renew yearly. BG check and test.
    Privately owned guns per 100 people- 5.1
    Homicide rate any from any cause per 100K population- 24.9

Nation: Gabon
    Ranking On this List- #5
    Government Corruption Index-83.5
    Law Summary- By state, local and government agencies. Details not clear but appears restrictive due to low gun ownership rate.
    Privately owned guns per 100 people- 14
    Homicide rate any from any cause per 100K population- 13.8

Nation: Botswana
    Ranking On this List- #4
    Government Corruption Index- 77.1
    Law Summary- Full record keeping. Details unclear.
    Privately owned guns per 100 people- 4.9
    Homicide rate any from any cause per 100K population- 14.5

Nation: Chad
    Ranking On this List- #3
    Government Corruption Index- 83.9
    Law Summary- Ownership not guaranteed by law. Details unclear.
    Privately owned guns per 100 people- 1.1
    Homicide rate any from any cause per 100K population- 15.8

Nation: South Africa
    Ranking On this List- #2
    Government Corruption Index- 80.8
    Law Summary- Semi auto rifles by license only. Pistols by license only.
    Privately owned guns per 100 people- 12.7
    Homicide rate any from any cause per 100K population- 31.8

Nation: Venezuela
    Ranking On this List- # 1 (Most perceived fear out of the 10 nations.)
    Government Corruption Index- 70.5
    Law Summary- By license. Must prove need. BG check required. Good for 3 years only.
    Privately owned guns per 100 people- 10.7
    Homicide rate any from any cause per 100K population- 49.93

=========================================================

Just for fun, I compiled the same information for the US although we were NOT on the "Unsafe Nations" list.

Nation- United States
    Ranking- None
    Government Corruption Index- 79
    Law Summary- Sigh....you know.
    Privately Owned guns per 100 people- 101.05 (snicker!)
    Homicide from any cause per 100K population- 5.1

Just for grins and comparison, the homicide rate (any cause) for Chicago is 15.2 per 100K population. See where their strict gun controls place them in the above 10 nations.

Conclusions:

There is an inverse correlation between more gun ownership and lower homicide rate. Where gun ownership is highly restricted, the murder rate from all causes increases. Where there are more guns in civilian hands, murder rates fall.

I expected some correlation between low gun ownership and more government corruption. Not sure that's significant or provable. Remember, a high corruption index number is better. A LOW number is more corrupt.

Knowing that our US government is perceived to be MORE corrupt than South Africa, Chad and Uganda made me laugh!

USA statistics for homicide from any cause is very low by comparison. While murder rates in the UK are only 1.2 per 100K population, their violent crime rate is the highest of all European nations!

USA ownership of guns is extremely high. (no shit!....snicker)

Data from Afghanistan is too low. Perhaps they condone certain types of murder like those we hear of killing a woman who shames a family. Perhaps killing a woman is OK, there. If people are so afraid for their safety in Afghanistan, why is the reported murder rate so low? I don't buy it.

Liberals are very careful to note that the US has a higher rate of FIREARMS homicides, but we have lots of guns and that's to be expected. They also blend firearms homicides with firearms suicides. Nearly 1/2 of all firearms homicides are actually suicides! That's a nasty manipulation of the facts!

The US was billed by Liberals as having the highest murder rate in the world. What do YOU think?

Flash

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The scary data shown in the OP is a prediction of our nation's future if Liberals have their way. How do we know that? We are already there in the state of California, Washington, DC and in Chicago. Some other areas of the US are approaching that level of fear and crime and it's keyed directly to restrictive gun controls!

Without the historic and magnificent team effort we saw recently, that data would have been a snapshot of our future.

Flash

Top Bottom