• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    feed-static%2Fstatic%2F2014-09%2F29%2F6%2Fenhanced%2Fwebdr08%2Fanigif_enhanced-1893-1411988004-9.gif

Attachments

• feed-static%2Fstatic%2F2014-09%2F29%2F6%2Fenhanced%2Fwebdr08%2Fanigif_enhanced-1893-1411988004-9.gif
      feed-static%2Fstatic%2F2014-09%2F29%2F6%2Fenhanced%2Fwebdr08%2Fanigif_enhanced-1893-1411988004-9.gif
      2.5 MB · Views: 277

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Well, I have to contrast this:
    Hello all! Wife of a gun enthusiast here (please be nice!). I was hoping to get an outside perspective and maybe hear if anyone else has come across something similar. My wonderful husband and I have reached an impasse about what to do with a large number of high dollar/antique collectables he will be inheriting in the future.

When we first got married he had one/two firearms. Personally I'm not in favor of it- skeet shooting or hunting is fine but if it was just me I wouldn't have any. Over time his collection grew, along with his interest in hunting/shooting etc. This made me very uncomfortable because I'm not really ok with storing a large collection where we live. Several years ago we reached a compromise and agreed that we would only have 10 firearms in our home at any given time. I have kept up my part of this arrangement and been supportive of hunting trips/purchasing new guns/going to gun shows occasionally.

Now here's the catch. My husband has a family member with a large gun collection, which he plans to leave to my husband in his will. The way I see it we have 4 options:

A) decline the gift- which would insult this relative and my husband would miss out on these items that he genuinely appreciates.

B) Accept the gift/sell them (legally!). I'm morally/ethically opposed to putting more guns into circulation in today's climate. I know of two people who lost their lives due to improper storage/handling of firearms. Once these are sold we'd have no control of what the new owner does with them. No judgement on anyone else; I'm personally not ok with the idea that these could be used in the commission of a crime or harm/kill someone else. Legally we'd be off the hook but I'm still not OK with it ethically.

C) Accept the gift and store them off-site (indefinitely). Using a gun storage facility is cost-prohibitive and one day our kids would have to decide what to do with them.

D) Sell/donate them to a museum. He's fine with the "sell" part, but I'm not sure this is even viable.

So...are there any other 2A fans out there married to lefties? How do y'all compromise around this issue? What, if any, options do we have when it comes to this influx of firearms? (Please don't tell me we can keep them at your house! LOL)
    Thanks!
    with this:
    You guys are being baited.
    What shall I do?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom