• Total voters

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Lots of designs from the past 50 years are classics in their own right. AK, HK roller locks, P210, Uzi, Sterling, Lugers, etc... Those are considered antique designs and classics now.

The elmer fudd wood and steel guns pre-dating those aren't old school, they are methuselah guns.
    Elmer Fudd references were something I had hoped to leave behind up north. Not sayig anyone ever referred to me as a Fudd, just that it seems a shame we belittle others who are into guns only for the purpose of hunting wabbits.:popcorn:
    Military Camp

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    there is no accounting for taste
    Valid point. I have a special appreciation for the stocks on firearms used by people trying to get to the Olympics so my judgement was probably untrustworthy on that one.

Did you like either of the two stocks I posted after that one?

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Valid point. I have a special appreciation for the stocks on firearms used by people trying to get to the Olympics so my judgement was probably untrustworthy on that one.

Did you like either of the two stocks I posted after that one?
    Not so much but better than the red one. It's not I do not like synthetic stocks, I have synthetic stocks on at least three of my rifles I can think of off the top of my head but those are plain black. I usually kind of go for a more subdued look in most everything from guns to cars to dress and so on although I do own a Browning BLR with that high gloss wood stock finish they use so often. I imagine that is my glitziest firearm other than a Mosin Nagant I painted green for a blogger shoot featuring a zombie charge. I guess I am kind of boring in that regard.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I do own a Browning BLR with that high gloss wood stock finish they use so often. I imagine that is my glitziest firearm other than a Mosin Nagant I painted green for a blogger shoot featuring a zombie charge.
    I'm sure there's a thread or two around here where you could post pics. :)

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    The 1911 has a natural aim, which personally I have never found in a tupperware gun (others may feel differently). And the .45 ACP has also proven to be an effective round.

Try a Walther. The PPQ is available in .45.

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    Walnut and blued steel. The 1911 pistol and the S&W revolver, don't forget the 1100 shotgun w/ walnut and blued steel, I still shoot them. My newer 10/22s, Henry , CZ, all Walnut and blued steel. I do have a couple ARs for just in case, One named Hillary, haven't named the second one yet, maybe AOC? Bought a G19 last year on their Vet Blue plate special. I don't think it's for me. I do have a few S&W SS revolvers, they don't do many new Blued guns plus it's a different design anyway.

veriest1

Do the thing.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2019
    C-Town
    +1 to liking it all.

Even being a youngster compared to many I’m still a sucker for some old guns like K98 Mausers and Revolvers. I need to put a classic 1911 in the safe too....

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Try a Walther. The PPQ is available in .45.

Which do you think will get more compliments?
    Walther-PPQ-M2-45-660x440.jpg

s_w_1911_pc_170344.jpg

Attachments

• Walther-PPQ-M2-45-660x440.jpg
      Walther-PPQ-M2-45-660x440.jpg
      28.3 KB · Views: 226
    • s_w_1911_pc_170344.jpg
      s_w_1911_pc_170344.jpg
      57.3 KB · Views: 171

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Which do you think will get more compliments?
    View attachment 184488

s_w_1911_pc_170344.jpg

The first for its reliability, capacity, ergonomics and great trigger. The second for its looks and even better trigger, and if you run it with Wilson Combat mags it's even reliable ;)

But seriously, the PPQ has the best trigger of any handgun that's not a 1911.

Attachments

• s_w_1911_pc_170344.jpg
      s_w_1911_pc_170344.jpg
      57.3 KB · Views: 195
    Last edited:

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    What's unreliable about that S&W, or are you assuming there is reliability issues?

I have a few 1911s, and have shot a few more. Unless they're rattly surplus they can be a bit bitchy about the magazines. All goes away with decent WC mags.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I have a few 1911s, and have shot a few more. Unless they're rattly surplus they can be a bit bitchy about the magazines. All goes away with decent WC mags.
    Well, That Performance Center is my EDC. I've never had any issues, other than the grips were a bit too aggressive on my side, so I changed them out.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I wish I could carry a full size 1911. But I need 100% concealment so it's a Kimber Micro 9 for me.

Top Bottom