• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Talk2Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2020
    It is rail mounted and a 500 lumen light is part of the set-up. One is also available with a laser sight.

They say it comes on automatically when the gun is drawn from the holster, I would hope that means only the camera and not necessarily the light or the laser.
    I thought I posted a reply to this, so if I get two, sorry.
    The gizmo looks like the "Fact Duty" being offered by Viridian.
    https://gun-camera.com/
    I have their light that uses ECR tech to return the gizmo to the state it was in when you holstered your piece, Off, ON or Strobe.
    This site is offering a "TRY FOR FREE" button to LEOs.
    Don't think it's being offered to the public yet, but once it is, it will give "first person shooter" a new angle.
    Military Camp

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I'm ok with the cops having cameras..............

One thing about the video I disagree with......he said the officer retreated....

A tactical relocation is not a retreat..................imho.....

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Did a little digging. Looks like they communicate over a special LTE network.

https://investor.axon.com/press-rel...c-Safety-Communications-Platform/default.aspx

Interesting tech but man that sucks it turns on when you're off duty. I'd build a Faraday Cage for mine. :D
    It's not always exclusively over LTE. Usually that's used as a last choice backup or just for telemetry. But there's nowhere near enough bandwidth available for them to transfer the video on a regular basis.

And firstnet has turned into a boondoggle. It went from a local-government-run network specifically and exclusively for local government to use for their own communication, but ATT convinced the FCC that they couldn't be responsible for it, so from what I understand ATT wound up assuming ownership of the bands, lumping firstnet traffic in with all the other commercial and private traffic, and claim that they prioritize firstnet traffic over other traffic if there's congestion or contention.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I think it's BS it can turn on in their home when they're not working.
    Yeah, I agree. It should potentially be on any time they're acting in their capacity as an LEO, regardless of when they're actually scheduled or intentionally on duty. But they deserve private time too, pretty much any time they are not acting as a public servant or intentionally putting themselves in a public venue.

Talk2Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2020
    Why is this under Gun Camera Legislation Needed?
    If the guntards think that requiring cameras on all guns with video uploaded automagically to some FED internet cloud, we'll be fighting that piece of foolishness for ever, even if all necessary tech doesn't really exist.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Just so libtards can see actual impact?
    Not needed. Plus so much motion you can't really see what is going on.

Talk2Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2020
    Just so libtards can see actual impact?
    Not needed. Plus so much motion you can't really see what is going on.
    It's not like the libtards "need" another way to make exercising 2A rights more difficult but if the requirement could make gun ownership more difficult . . .

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I/we never had cameras anywhere when I was still working. Unless we brought a VHS camcorder with us. Usually riots or use of force. I can think of several times cameras could have come in handy to save me from answering the usual excessive force bullshit from inmates or prisoners who looked church ready but still pushed the complaint.

I've got no problems requiring car cams body cams and gun cams. Like I said I'm a firm believer most cops are good people who do an outstanding job and cameras allow that to be affirmed and most importantly to learn from mistakes. Also bad cops gotta go asap. There's too much at stake. Video also helps flatten the learning curve, seeing someone ready to rabbit or an officer getting conned or missing something on a search. Stuff like that is learned to error and screwing up in the field. Video can help that.

I might date myself but the first time I used the fats machine after seeing actual video or stories and then living them was invaluable training.

Which brings me to an off topic question. Why didnt any of the retards from the bar incident say, This is a bad plan? I've said it to superiors and had it said to me. That's what planning and pre OP briefings are for. In this case cameras will be providing plenty of learning material and getting rid of a bad sheriff, I hope.

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    I have long thought these would be a good idea as it seems that whenever members of certain groups are shot people make it out cops just set out to reduce the democratic vote in the next election ( poss not applicable here but might be)

Talk2Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2020
    I have long thought these would be a good idea as it seems that whenever members of certain groups are shot people make it out cops just set out to reduce the democratic vote in the next election ( poss not applicable here but might be)
    Viridian has the video backup of police officers as a sales point and a good one. I just don't want the cameras mandated for non-LEO EDC and CC arms.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Why is this under Gun Camera Legislation Needed?
    If the guntards think that requiring cameras on all guns with video uploaded automagically to some FED internet cloud, we'll be fighting that piece of foolishness for ever, even if all necessary tech doesn't really exist.
    Gun camera legislation would be needed because some, maybe the majority of, LE agencies/departments would oppose placing cameras on their officers' guns. It would be a way of controlling and restricting the government. Restrictions on government is how it should be instead of it being the other way around as it is now with them incessantly restricting the citizenry. That was, as many seem to forget, the purpose of our Declaration of Independence and of our Constitution.

Talk2Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2020
    Gun camera legislation would be needed because some, maybe the majority of, LE agencies/departments would oppose placing cameras on their officers' guns. It would be a way of controlling and restricting the government. Restrictions on government is how it should be instead of it being the other way around as it is now with them incessantly restricting the citizenry. That was, as many seem to forget, the purpose of our Declaration of Independence and of our Constitution.
    That is awfully optimistic, the assumption that LE agencies/departments video would be shared with the public that pays for it.
    Remember, elections belong to those who count the votes. Justice belongs to those who enforce it. We need the best people in both positions. Now define "best".

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    Viridian has the video backup of police officers as a sales point and a good one. I just don't want the cameras mandated for non-LEO EDC and CC arms.

Oh i would not either, but personally i would consider one just because of how crap happens.

Top Bottom