• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bertizzie89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    san antonio, texas
    anyone else have one of these?? i purchased one this afternoon at saxet! cannot wait to go shoot this things! ive read mostly good reviews on it. I really want one of those 110 round drum mags, but they did not have any at most tables i checked out!

michael e

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    Have had one for a few years now. They are fun guns, very few FTF using Remington 525 packs. Get several mags , load them threw out the week. Your thumbs will be hurting the first time you try to run 1000 rounds with only 5 mags in a range trip.

bertizzie89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    san antonio, texas
    gsg.jpg

bertizzie89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    san antonio, texas
    yea i loaded the mag and it hurt my fingers! its got that spring pull down knob that sorta helps, but i can imagine it hurting like hell after a couple of hundred rounds

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I have both a GSG-5 and a -522, they are very picky on the ammo you feed them and magazines; but when they are "running" they are a blast!

Cheers! M2

bertizzie89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    san antonio, texas
    yea it says in the manual, which i actually read, that its made to use high velocity ammo. ive read that the cci works best. I was thinking of picking up the 550 pack at wally world and seeing how it runs.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The 550 bulk packs from Wally give me problems in my -5, not as much in my -522. I have had good luck with the 330 round box of Federal Target ammo from Bass Pro when they have it in stock (sometimes they run out, and sometimes it is because of me! ).

CCI has always worked great in all of my .22 firearms. The GSGs are great when they are running, but if they give you problems you want to do a Pete Townshend on them!

pete_townshend_100.jpg

Cheers! M2

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    I only ran Federal Bulk Pack from Wally World through mine, had well over 15k rounds thru it. Fun gun. I kept mine lubed up. Alot of lube, I could usually get about 2-300 rounds through without a malfunction before it started to jam. Put more lube and and took a scrub brush to the chamber real quick and it worked like a champ again. I also had the 110 rd drum. Eh. Make sure you get one with the fix. The fix from the factory.

Rentz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    Dfw
    Not made of the most robust materials, but still a lot of fun...

ATIGSG5fsrd.gif

ATIGSGSD.gif

Ive got one like the bottom pic, the first anniversary model. found it used at cabelas.
    ran a buncha rounds through it then made a terrible mistake of taking it town to replace the screws.
    biggest mistake i've made...terrible to get apart and together.

Top Bottom