• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    finally got around to shooting this thing and it was a blast. Took just a few minutes to get it sighted in because primary arms rocks and like to get their dots pretty close out of the box. First target was for accuracy, the rest were for speed and trying to make it have a malfunction which it didnt fail once in the 300 rounds it saw.
    IMG_8380.jpg

IMG_8371.gif

IMG_8372.gif
    Target Sports

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yep, the GSG-522s are a blast. Too bad my GSG-5 had feeding issues (one or two FTFs per magazine, sometimes more), I actually think the trigger is better on the old model but that may have been because I shot my -522 after shooting my new AKMS with a G2 trigger group on it. Going from 7.62x39 to .22LR is quite a transition!

Cheers! M2

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    Mine is still in pieces... upgrade your screws, add the cocking handle buffer... I have the HK pin set too... none of it is installed since it came back from ATI with a new barrel under warranty and I never reassembled it with the upgrades... but I LOVED it when it was shooting...

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Very nice! I picked up the HK MP5 .22 which is essentially the same gun. However I have had feeding issues. I have run about 300 rounds through it. It does not seem to have a sufficient recoil spring to return the bolt to into a firing position reliably. I chalked it up to being new, and the parts need to wear in. Ammo did seem to make a difference. There is an adjustment for ammo, but I have not fiddled with it yet.
    I will try it again after a thorough clean and lube...
    Enjoy! It seems like a lot of fun so far.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Anyone know the best place to get handguard rails for the 522sd?

RRAGES - Everything You Need To Customize And Accessorize Your Tactical Weapons

GSG Tri Railed Tactical Handguard
    - $69

This is the GSG brand replacement tri rail factory hand guard for your carbine. Three weaver style rails on sides and bottom allow for the mounting of lights, lasers or grips. A great looking addition to your carbine and a fine upgrade that doesn't drift too far away from a factory setup. No modification required to your weapon simply replace your wide forend with this one using the original factory screw or HK pin.

View attachment 12330
    3.jpg

4.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, just an update. We took the GSG-522 and the old GSG-5 out yesterday and I was amazed that the latter wasn't the usual jam-o-matic that it had been in the past! I did have a new box of Federal .22 Target Grade Performance ammo and maybe that was the trick, but with one or two exceptions it ran flawlessly!

I have found that any .22 is gonna be prone to the occasional misfeed/failure to properly eject, yesterday we also shot the 10/22 I picked up a while back and even it had a couple of rounds it didn't like. About the most reliable was the 1954 Polish Lucznik Wz48 I've had for some time but never got around to shooting. It is a single-shot trainer based very loosely on the Mosin M38 carbine and was used to train Polish, Czech and other Warsaw Pact recruits and conscripts. It has what could be referred to as a "match/bull barrel" on it so it's pretty accurate even with the iron sights. It's fun to shoot but when you have a box of 325 rounds it takes forever to put any kind of a dent in it when you are having to manually feed each round...

I am thinking that the new barrel that I put on the GSG-5 in hopes of solving its FTF/FTE issues may have "broken in" as much as any .22 barrel can. Hopefully with the right ammo (the Federal) it will continue to run as well as the GSG-522...

Cheers! M2

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I still haven't put mine back together from when it came back from warranty work... I have been wanting to install the screw upgrade kit and buffer... & maybe the HK pins, then I think well maybe I'll order the real HK stock to install, rail, etc... and I never start on it... :(

Top Bottom