• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Tag for answer. Seems I remember someone coming to one of our Houston range days with some type of drum 22 mag, but I think it was for an AR platform. I didn't know there was one for the 10/22.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Ha! Well with your collection when I met you at the range this seems to be a non sequitur.

What's next twin 10/22s setup with twin drums and a hand crank? Shooting down model airplanes at Knob Creek!?

The Moonpie has eclectic taste.
    Actually was looking at doing one of the 10/22 Tommy Gun semi-auto conversions.
    Probably will not FO. Too much $$$ for what you end up with. I dunno. Still pondering on it.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    If it's as bad as the one they put on their MP-5 .22 clone, save your money@
    I bought my wife one of those, bout 4 years ago. The drum mag was only one
    that came with it, and was a complete turd. I could not get it to fire 5 rounds in
    a row, without jamming. At the next gun show, I picked up a 25 round regular
    mag, and have not messed with that junk drum since.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    If it's as bad as the one they put on their MP-5 .22 clone, save your money@
    I bought my wife one of those, bout 4 years ago. The drum mag was only one
    that came with it, and was a complete turd. I could not get it to fire 5 rounds in
    a row, without jamming. At the next gun show, I picked up a 25 round regular
    mag, and have not messed with that junk drum since.
    Moonpie, there might be a guy ^ on the board looking to sell one!

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    I dont think it will fit a 10-22, breakingcontact. I read later on an internet
    forum that another buyer took his apart, smoothed all the edges inside with
    sand paper, etc, and got his to function ok. I have not tried this yet, but guess
    it will make a good future project. :D

Moonpie

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I purchased one of these a few days ago.
    Took it out for a range test yesterday.
    Overall i I belive it to be a decent piece of gear.
    On the plus side it ran pretty well. Out of 4 full 110 round fill and rapid shoot out I had a total of eight jams. There is an internal hang up about round 40 and another at round 15. This will probably smooth with use.
    Down side is weight and loading time.
    Fully loaded the drum is heavy. The large size prevents bench shooting easily.
    Load time is slooooow. Each round must be carefully inserted. Insertion pressure isn't much as the Mag has notches on the back that use finger pressure to rotate the drum allowing cartridge insertion. It takes several minutes to load a mag.
    Price is kinda steep. I've seen them anywhere from $60 up to over $100. Shop around.
    I ran two full mags is of CCI mini-mag solids and two full mags of CCI mini-mag HP's.
    Gun used was a plain old unmodded 10/22.
    I'll buy another.

Lupey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    THE BLUFF
    Moonpie,
    u think that thing would be too heavy to be used with a slidefire modded 10/22? I have been looking at those for awhile now and have seen several good reviews, but none of which have been used with the bumpfire system for the 10/22...............

Curious........... SANY1151.jpg SANY1149.jpg

Last edited:

Moonpie

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Moonpie,
    u think that thing would be too heavy to be used with a slidefire modded 10/22? I have been looking at those for awhile now and have seen several good reviews, but none of which have been used with the bumpfire system for the 10/22...............

Curious........... View attachment 30962 View attachment 30963

Honestly I have no idea.
    Fully loaded the mag weighs about 4 pounds.
    I've zero experience with Slide-Fire stocks.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I purchased one of these a few days ago.
    Took it out for a range test yesterday.
    Overall i I belive it to be a decent piece of gear.
    On the plus side it ran pretty well. Out of 4 full 110 round fill and rapid shoot out I had a total of eight jams. There is an internal hang up about round 40 and another at round 15. This will probably smooth with use.
    Down side is weight and loading time.
    Fully loaded the drum is heavy. The large size prevents bench shooting easily.
    Load time is slooooow. Each round must be carefully inserted. Insertion pressure isn't much as the Mag has notches on the back that use finger pressure to rotate the drum allowing cartridge insertion. It takes several minutes to load a mag.
    Price is kinda steep. I've seen them anywhere from $60 up to over $100. Shop around.
    I ran two full mags is of CCI mini-mag solids and two full mags of CCI mini-mag HP's.
    Gun used was a plain old unmodded 10/22.
    I'll buy another.

Thats better than what I would of expected. Thanks Moon

Top Bottom