• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Would like to start a thread listing all the reloading shops, and stores that stock reloading supplies in the Houston area. I know this will be a bit harder to nail down as a lot of places carry bits and pieces of what is needed to reload, and very few have full inventory of all the supplies most need. With that in mind, we might need a ranking system, or some other way to denote who has a lot and who has a few items (like Academy & Gander Mountain). Open to suggestions on that.

Please post up what you have, I will get them added to this post as they come in.

Able Ammo 217 N Frazier St., Conroe TX 77301

Academy Multiple Houston Area locations

Baileys House of Guns (Comprehensive Supply) 3626 Bluebonnet Drive, Houston, Texas 77053

Bass Pro Shops 5000 Katy Mills Circle, Katy, TX 77494

Bass Pro Shops 1000 Basspro Drive. Pearland, TX 77047

Carter's Country (Comprehensive Supply) 8927 Katy freeway, Houston, Texas 77024

Carter's Country (Comprehensive Supply) 11886 Wilcrest Drive, Houston, Texas 77031

Carter's Country (Comprehensive Supply) 2120 Shaver, Pasadena, TEXAS 77502

Carter's Country (Comprehensive Supply) 6231 Treaschwig Rd., Spring, Texas 77373-7698

Freedom Munitions (Bullets only) 17482-B Northwest Freeway, Jersey Village, TX 77040-1024

Gander Mountain 19820 Hempstead Hwy, Houston,TX 77065

Gander Mountain 13441 Westheimer Rd, Houston,TX 77082

Gander Mountain 19302 Interstate 45, Spring,TX 77373

Houston Reloading Supplies (Powder, Primers) Appointment only, address provided after contact, Cypress area.

Lohman Arms (Comprehensive Supply) 11875 West Little York, Suite 701, Houston Texas, 77041

10-Ring (Comprehensive Supply) 12779 Jones Rd. Ste. 103B, Houston, TX 77070
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    (Comprehensive Supply) = Full line of reloading supplies. Powder, dies, equipment, primers, bullets, cases, etc.

Need information on Bass pro, etc. as to what they carry. I have not been in one in a number of months, same with Gander.

Last edited:

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    I don't reload so I don't know how this particular niche works so forgive me if I'm missing the mark here, but...

I would think reloading materials is just like buying other "stuff" that you can buy in various places, some local but plenty of online vendors, unlike the shooting ranges where it's a defined place that you go to.

If a lot/most of reloading supplies is bought from online sources then I don't think a map would be very helpful. If, however, I'm wrong about my assumptions and most are purchased from a brick-and-mortar store then a map makes sense.

I'm willing to help if the map is a go.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Thanks Allen,

The internet has brought online shopping to the forefront, however a lot of folks still prefer the brick and mortar stores if they can get what they want a reasonable prices. Sometimes you need a part, like a de-priming pin and don't want to wait a few days to get back to your run. Or you run out of bullets and primers before you run out of weekend. Some of the bigger sporting goods stores carry some of the stuff you need some of the time. The specialty shops are usually set up where you can walk in and get all the presses, dies, powders, primers, bullets, wads, shot, scales, books, cases, replacement parts, etc. you need to start reloading when you get home. Usually you find a knowledgeable person to answer your questions an help you get stuff figured out (the girls at 10 Ring are awesome at this). Also focused specialty retailers have popped up as a result of the ammo crisis IMHO, like the family that basically sells only powder. Academy just started carrying primers which is nice, but they don't carry powder or much else. Bass pro used to be my go to place for shotshell reloading components, but they are hit and miss on rifle and pistol powders from my experience.

Reloading seems to have a lot more tiny details and required parts than shooting in general. A good store is a big help being able to get what you need.

HandgunHTR

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    I don't reload so I don't know how this particular niche works so forgive me if I'm missing the mark here, but...

I would think reloading materials is just like buying other "stuff" that you can buy in various places, some local but plenty of online vendors, unlike the shooting ranges where it's a defined place that you go to.

If a lot/most of reloading supplies is bought from online sources then I don't think a map would be very helpful. If, however, I'm wrong about my assumptions and most are purchased from a brick-and-mortar store then a map makes sense.

I'm willing to help if the map is a go.

A lot of the "casual" reloaders (those who load a few thousand rounds a year or less) don't usually like to buy their powder and primers online due to the $27.50 Hazmat fee. You usually have to buy at least 8lbs or more to break even buying from places like Powder Valley (online retailer) to make up for the price difference of buying from a local dealer.

Detritus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Lake Jackson, TX
    Just a note, the Gander Mtn on 59 in sugarland hasn't had reloading gear or supplies in Years....

I think they were open maybe 2 years max before all their reloading stuff was boxed up and shipped to another store (290 maybe). counter guy at the time said something about the local PD not signing off on the appropriate permits or something (renewal maybe?)...

I remember it because I went in as part of restocking after several years of not handloading and everything but the manuals and a few magazines (handloader etc.) was gone.

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Just a note, the Gander Mtn on 59 in sugarland hasn't had reloading gear or supplies in Years....

I think they were open maybe 2 years max before all their reloading stuff was boxed up and shipped to another store (290 maybe). counter guy at the time said something about the local PD not signing off on the appropriate permits or something (renewal maybe?)...

I remember it because I went in as part of restocking after several years of not handloading and everything but the manuals and a few magazines (handloader etc.) was gone.

Got it and removed it from the list.

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    Would like to start a thread listing all the reloading shops, and stores that stock reloading supplies in the Houston area.

Old thread, but always relevant.

We have a new (1 year old) gun store that carries more reloading supplies than most stores. Good selection of good bullets (berger, hornady, sierra, ...) including a wide selection of Berry's plated bullets cheaper than you can buy them from Berry's! Wide selection of powders at very competitive prices including some harder to get powders like Varget and Trailboss. For a small store, we have one of the best selections around. Over 60 skus of powder. Why waste time trying to organize group buys, collect money, distribute product, etc just to defray shipping and hazmat? Great prices, no hazmat, no shipping, and lower sales tax than most places local places. Support those who support your community. Shop local when possible. Keep it in the family!

A & P Armory
    25232 Hardin Store Rd
    Magnolia (closer to Tomball), TX
    www.aparmory.net

our website does NOT represent what we have in the store

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Friend Bonnie & I went to Cabela's in Houston, yesterday. I checked out the guns in detail and scanned the reloading gear pretty well Hornady & Lee presses, RCBS equipment and Lee dies were many & varied I saw a shelf of powder but saw no primers. I'm sure they had some, but I didn't see them. Prices were less than orbital but a good shopper could beat all of their prices on guns and supplies. They DO have the guns in stock. Chasing a good price is meaningless if they're out of stock.

I brought $500 in cash and brought it all back home.

It was fun prowling through the store and Bonnie bought some dinner dishes in their bargain section. It was over 100 miles from my house to Cabela's and back. Bonnie drove and I bought the gas and dinner.

Flash

Last edited:

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Old thread, but always relevant.

We have a new (1 year old) gun store that carries more reloading supplies than most stores. Good selection of good bullets (berger, hornady, sierra, ...) including a wide selection of Berry's plated bullets cheaper than you can buy them from Berry's! Wide selection of powders at very competitive prices including some harder to get powders like Varget and Trailboss. For a small store, we have one of the best selections around. Over 60 skus of powder. Why waste time trying to organize group buys, collect money, distribute product, etc just to defray shipping and hazmat? Great prices, no hazmat, no shipping, and lower sales tax than most places local places. Support those who support your community. Shop local when possible. Keep it in the family!

A & P Armory
    25232 Hardin Store Rd
    Magnolia (closer to Tomball), TX
    www.aparmory.net

our website does NOT represent what we have in the store

You beat me to it!

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I remember the first time I went into gander mountain's reloading area. Primers spilled all over the shelves. The powder selection was hit and miss.

10Ring used to have some reloaders but lately all I've seen are clerks. BTW, this was pre-break in.

Top Bottom